Updates in Socrates Theme 3.0.4 include fixes to the following:
- Fixed issues Magazine One pagination, SEO settings, version control, skinny salespage validation
- A couple of IE9 and CSS Issues
- Magazine Template had error when set as frontpage
- Optimized content with for comments on posts
- Updated the image in: WP Dashboard – Socrates – Theme info. This is only a screen shoot, the activation window is found in your Dashboard
New in 3.04
- NoPageTitle Template – Removes page title on pages
Note: You don’t have to upgrade again if you’ve recently upgraded to the new version 3.0.x ; unless one of the errors above is affecting your stie.
We are pleased to announce the release of a major new version of Socrates. Version 3.01
In development and testing the last six months Version 3.01 contains…
- Two New Magazine Layouts – Magazine Demo 1 – Magazine Demo 2
- Portfolio Templates – Demo
- New Skinny Templates
- Featured Sliders on Magazine Layouts
- Contact Form Builder
- And More
It’s now available in the download area.
Try it out today with our 7 Day Free Trial! – No Credit Card Required
Socrates continues to grow in popularity and is now being used on over 50,000 sites. That’s just amazing and makes us one of the most used themes online.
We are currently planning our next update so if you have any feature suggestions please feel free to leave them in our Forum or reply to this thread.
We’ve just released the latest version of Socrates with some minor fixes and improvements. Socrates 2.2.15 is now available for download in the member’s area.
As of this post Socrates has now been installed on over 36,000 sites!
We’ve just released the latest version of Socrates, Version 2.2.9.
Here are version notes for this release.
Version 2.2.9 Notes
- The Socrates Admin Menu has been moved up to just below the Dashboard Admin Menu
- Changed the option in the Layout section for posts to optionally show/hide the author from a radio button to a checkbox
- Reformatted the main CSS to make it easier to navigate
- Bug fixes
- Added a new Squeeze Page template that lets you use a WYSIWYG editor for the content
- Added the utility meta information on the bottom of a post listing on the home page (tags, categories, comment link, edit link, etc.)
- Added a custom option for posts to customize the text for the “Read More…” link. This is set on an individual post basis.
- Added an option for individual pages to turn off the page title
- Added links to the top of the Socrates settings pages to easily get to the other settings pages
- Added a setting section for “Language” settings. This area is to replace default text with whatever you want, or leave the text blank to display nothing at all.
- Added the ability to turn off custom Socrates menus and use the native WordPress 3.0 menus with primary navbar drop down.
- Added two more layouts: Double Right Sidebars and No Sidebars
- Added an option (where you set the three ads in the rotation banner) to specify the length of delay in seconds that the ads will rotate
- Added an option for posts to use h1 instead of h2 tags for the title
- Added an option for pages to use h1 instead of h2 tags for the title
- Added an option for pages to optionally show/hide the author
- Added an option to turn off the search box all together
- Added an option section to display a custom search box
- Added a setting to change the CSS body font family.
- Added a setting to change the content padding
- Added a field for any custom CSS
- Added a short explanation about child themes and why to use them for customizations
- Added a CSS style for sticky posts
- Added a CSS style for blockquotes
- Added a customized search.php page
We’re pleased to announce that Socrates Version 2.2 will be released in the next few weeks.
New features will include
- WP 3.0 Menu Option for Drop Down Support
- New Layouts
- More Theme Options
- CSS Improvements
- Code Optimization
- Custom CSS Box
- User Requested Tweaks
We hope to release 2.2 in mid March. All current license owners will get the upgrade at no additional charge.
It is very easy to upgrade Socrates so if you’re a new customer or on the trial you will be able to upgrade your version to 2.2 quickly. It’s not necessary to hold off until this version releases.
We’ve got a new Socrates release planned for September.
Version 2.1 will contain..
- DRM Licensing system to enable free trials and prevent unauthorized use
- Minor bug and coding fixes
- Official Launch of Socrates Banner Exchange.
- And more..
We’ll keep you posted when we have an official launch date.