PDA

View Full Version : Banner XC FAQ's

idotcom
10-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Some questions...

* If I allow 250x250 ads is that what I get in return, or do I get to pick any size as reciprocity? And, conversely if I display the 728 ads am I stuck with the 250 ads?

* If I place the ads at the top of my page, does that mean I receive top of the page ad for the reciprocal ad, or will my ads appear at the bottom of someone else's site?

* If I provide a higher number of ad placements - currently I am running about 4-5M page views a year on one site, do I get a better ratio of my ads being placed on other sites instead of 2 for 1?

* Can I block ads I don't like, like affiliate ads of any kind?

* Furthermore... I read where people don't like "3rd" party ads, ie hostgator, ads appearing on their sites - it seems that the ad xc should be site for site, not site for affiliate program

Dan Nickerson
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
* If I allow 250x250 ads is that what I get in return, or do I get to pick any size as reciprocity? And, conversely if I display the 728 ads am I stuck with the 250 ads?

I can't find a definitive answer to this, to the best of my knowledge, you receive impressions based on the sizes that you display. You must generate impressions of a size to receive impressions of that size.

* If I place the ads at the top of my page, does that mean I receive top of the page ad for the reciprocal ad, or will my ads appear at the bottom of someone else's site?

No, that's impossible to track

* If I provide a higher number of ad placements - currently I am running about 4-5M page views a year on one site, do I get a better ratio of my ads being placed on other sites instead of 2 for 1?

No, but that might be a setting I'll have to look into.

* Can I block ads I don't like, like affiliate ads of any kind?

No.

* Furthermore... I read where people don't like "3rd" party ads, ie hostgator, ads appearing on their sites - it seems that the ad xc should be site for site, not site for affiliate program

No way to monitor this..

I would suggest that you don't use the exchange. If you have a high traffic site already, you might find it more profitable to use targeted ads.

wwday3
10-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Is there any way to get the banner exchange to not be javascript/iframe, but be rendered somehow in PHP? 1) JS is often blocked by the end-user. As is iframes. 2) It could improve backlinking.

Dan Nickerson
10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
We have no plans to do this, but I'll mention it to developer.