PDA

View Full Version : How can I find an expert Socrates designer?

Lissa25
10-20-2010, 10:52 PM
How can I find an expert to design my Socrates website? I purchased the unlimited license. I understand Socrates is fairly easy but I have to get the site up quickly and I have to focus on the creative side. I've never put up a site before. I've already got Socrates installed on it, and have a plugin for video. I need a Forum on the site. I have made the banner already. Can you help me, or point me toward someone who knows Socrates well enough to help. I don't have a large budget. thanks for your time.

You can see what I've already done so far-

www.dykeplights.com

worldstream
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Looks OK to me, your are getting there.

You can have a seperate forum, just set it up with Fantastico then

discussion boards
phpBB

It takes some figuring out with user name and passwords, but it should do what you want. You then put a link on your blog to the forum, call it what you like.

Here's one of mine;

http://customfishingleads.co.uk/

I set this up for friend but he can't be bothered to tell anybody so when the domain expires it's coming down.

Lissa25
10-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks. I looked at your fishing site-- very nice! I think I have someone who is going to do my site for me. But thanks for offering.

Dan Nickerson
10-22-2010, 12:15 AM
You should check out Scriptlance.com or even Fiverr.com. For $10-$30 you can get someone to setup a wordpress forum for you.

I have a theory about forums.

Until you're getting 20+ comments on your blog it doesn't make sense to create a forum. it takes a lot of traffic to populate a forum and they are also one of the least profitable online platforms.

Once you have a bunch of comments coming in on a daily basis.. it means you probably can support a forum.

Lissa25
10-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Great answer! Thanks!