PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas how to make text look better on wordpress

champion
10-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

I need your help. I have been using wordpress for awhile but seem it is so difficult to make the text on the page look much nicer. There is only not many option to choose

example :

Hello, How are you?
I am FINEEEEEEEEE

I want it to be bigger than h1 and when I put the code html it messed up my text and I will not be able to read it.

Any advice ??? I am new of these!

Thanks and regards,

Champion

Dan Nickerson
10-31-2010, 02:05 AM
I can't imagine any scenario where you would want it bigger than H1.

You have a visual editor in wordpress that's lets you do all kinds of things to fonts, colors and design. Just click on the post editor icon that looks like 3 rows of little boxes.. it will open the visual editor.

You can also edit our css to make changes to fonts.

I can't emphasize enough that simple clean text is better than big bold font sizes. It makes sites look dated and your readers will not like it.

When you say "nicer" you're stating your personal preference, and you have to think about your visitors and readers first.

There's a reason why none of the most popular sites online use large big fonts.. there's readers want simple easy to read fonts and colors.

lassoman
01-12-2014, 04:13 AM
I can't imagine any scenario where you would want it bigger than H1.

You have a visual editor in wordpress that's lets you do all kinds of things to fonts, colors and design. Just click on the post editor icon that looks like 3 rows of little boxes.. it will open the visual editor.

You can also edit our css to make changes to fonts.

I can't emphasize enough that simple clean text is better than big bold font sizes. It makes sites look dated and your readers will not like it.

When you say "nicer" you're stating your personal preference, and you have to think about your visitors and readers first.

There's a reason why none of the most popular sites online use large big fonts.. there's readers want simple easy to read fonts and colors.

Hello Dan, my eyesight has deteriorated over the years and I would appreciate having the "paragraph" fonts only 2px bigger - what should I do?

Regards and thanks in advance.
Lars Sonck

Dan Nickerson
01-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Just remember you design a website for your visitors not for yourself in most cases.

If you just want bigger print for viewing yourself hit Ctrl + on your keypad. It increases the text of any website.

But to change the font use the custom css box in Socrates > Styling.

.post p {
font-size:14px;
}

You can increase the font size there. You may find you need to adjust line-height depending on your sizing. If so add a line-height css that's 2 pixels more than the font.

line-height: 16px;