PDA

View Full Version : Recent Upgrade from All in One SEO pack not working

MichaelSLogan
11-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Hello All,

First of all, love the ease of use of Socrates. Very helpful for a non-techie kind of guy. I installed all in one SEO plugin per Dan's suggestion and it worked great. Google updated each entry, and I usually post daily, and I ranked #1 for my keyword for several months, then SEO upgraded, I installed the upgrade, I believe the upgrade is installed correctly and search results are terrible now. I have dropped out of top 10 Google for my keyword. Anyone else found a fix for this, or having this problem. I thought of buying the upgrade but maybe I need to find the old version and re-install or go with a different plug in. Any other SEO plugins that others are having success with, or has anyone else had this problem and found a fix? Thanks. Mike Logan

Dan Nickerson
11-09-2010, 01:41 PM
This post is better suited for the plugins thread.

There are loads of other factors to consider if you lose your rankings. It's unlikely to be the plugin's fault. Unless you are saying all your meta tags disappeared after the upgrade.

I just wrote a recent post which may be relevant as to the other factors.

http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8586&postcount=7

MichaelSLogan
11-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. Now that you mention it, I guess this should go to the plugins thread. I appreciate the information about updates and backlinks. I have updated almost daily, but not been so good about backlinks, altho I know I have some. After I posted this morning I was back to number two for that keyword with my twitter account at number one. In recent days Google has shown a cached page at number 12 or so. Google usually updates almost instantly. I use this blog as social proof that social media work pays off in high Google PR, that is why I like to keep a number one position. The pages that are ahead of me sometimes have a very low Alexa rank compared to me. Go figure. Again thanks for your time. Mike