PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Writer "Review" Issue.

captval
11-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Using Windows Live Writer 2011 with Socrates, I have no success during Live Writer setup, where it posts temporarily to your blog in order to "learn" your WordPress template and enable the "Review" feature of Live Writer.
All other features of Live Writer function very well within my Socrates themed blog.
Anyone using Windows Live Writer as a blog editor successfully?

Dan Nickerson
11-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Socrates has very little to do with remote posting system.

Can you successfully setup using the default template?

captval
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Dan.
Yes I can successfully "setup" using WP default template.

Dan Nickerson
11-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry I've never used Windows Live Writer.

Is there any more info you could provide. An error I can search for online?

Is your Socrates theme activated?
That would certainly cause an issue.

captval
11-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Dan,

Socrates is activated in WP as my theme.

During Live Writer setup...

"Would you like to download the blog theme by publishing a temporary post? The post will be removed immediately after your theme is retrieved. This will let you see what your posts look like online while you are editing."

At "Downloading Blog Theme," the activity bar (almost at 100%,) halts for several minutes...

The only message thereafter is, "Blog theme couldn't be downloaded. You will be able to post to this blog, but you won't be able to see the blog theme while editing posts.

Hey Dan, Live Writer is free...and destroys WP WYSIWYG...Since setup takes a few minutes, how about checking it out?

Thanks.

Dan Nickerson
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Is your Socrates activated (with activation code) and do you have a trial, single or unlimited license? if unactivated, trial or single license it might explain the problem.

If I can find the time I will download it and check it out later. I honestly don't do enough blogging to justify it, and rarely use the wysiwyg.. I just use basic text..

Also we have another blogging solution at: http://www.wpunite.com

captval
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
I have an unlimited version.
I updated to 2.10 (from 2.03,) and activated with my Socrates key.

Same problem exists Dan.

Dan Nickerson
11-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Tony,

I didn't get a chance to look into this today. I'm traveling the next couple of days..

A quick google search located this link.

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/06/windows-live-writer-with-wordpress.html

It's old but perhaps those solutions will work.

captval
11-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the effort so far Dan...

I installed the code after <head> tag (replaced www.myblog.com with my URL,) without any change to the problem.

Safe journey,

captval
11-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Dan,

I found an interesting fix on a Microsoft Forum...by turning OFF the WordPress Front Page Static feauture (temporarily,) I was able to successfully have Live Writer download the Socrates template.

I have directed the problem to Microsoft.

Thank you for your help with this.

Dan Nickerson
11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I actually read that fix elsewhere, and almost mentioned it, but when you said the other theme worked, I assumed you weren't setup that way. I hope that's the issue.