PDA

View Full Version : Implement Exit Splash Code

vidyut
06-19-2010, 08:01 AM
This script or something similar would be great addition to Socrates

http://www.exitsplash.com

gogvo
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I have searched the forum for any info on an exit splash/pop up and this is the closest I've found to any information on the subject, is there one in the pipe line?

I really do think it is a good idea!

Dan Nickerson
07-05-2010, 03:36 PM
We don't have any plans to add an exit splash feature into Socrates. You can integrate 3rd party exit code into the site if you wish.

To be honest, exit pops do not work as well as they used to, and they can impact the likelihood of someone returning to your site..

Especially if you're trying to run a content site.

I could see us adding a peelaway in the future.

gogvo
07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks Dan... Fair enought.

Dan Nickerson
07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
On another note... Google does not like these scripts or any kind of popup on a site.

I actually had this script running on one my site that had several #1 rankings in Google. And I just noticed my landing page has been delisted from Google.

I suspect the exit pop is to blame... so I would not recommend using exit scripts on any page you get search engine traffic from...

dseisner
07-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, I agree they can affect search engine rankings, hurt quality scores, and cause you to lose favor with your visitors. And using an exit pop on a content-based blog might not be a good idea.

However, come on Dan, exit pops are proven to work on sales pages, squeeze pages and sites where the visitor is unlikely to come back. Even if they don't work "as well" as they used to, that doesn't mean that they're not still useful. I've seen exit pops increase sales 15-20% and capture 10-20% of would-be lost leads in multiple scenarios.

The peelaway would be nice.

Dan Nickerson
07-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I used to see those kind of results in the past as well.

I actually had one of the first exit programs back in 2001.

One of the reasons you'll see misleading results in exit pop stats is because people now know they can reload the page to see if they can get a popup with a discounted price.

This by itself is a marketing technique to get those reloaders to buy..

If you switch out the lower price offer with a related offer, sales are virtually non-existent.

Once again, I think there's value to exit pops on salespages, but I sure do miss the free traffic I got from my #1 rankings.

socratesfan
05-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi,

How to use exitsplash codes for the wp theme? Where can i apply the codes onto? Appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Dan Nickerson
05-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Add in Appearance > Editor > footer.php before end body tag.

Or create a child theme and upload a footer.php with code in it.