PDA

View Full Version : Slide-Show Plugin

airbusbarkley
02-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Can anyone recommend a free slide-show plug-in that allows you to put text on the pictures? See: http://www.azinspect.com/

I need it to be simple and easy to change slides often.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

EHiatt121
02-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Without actually going in and looking I seem to remember one called NextGen or something. If you go into your Plugins and click "popular" its on the first page.

I remember seeing something about slide show stuff.

deejayefem
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
how about www.johnchow.com sliding articles at the top of the post in the homepage? can we have it in socrates theme or can we customized the code for this slideshows in our homepage?

lynnth
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
There are plug-ins that you can install that will do the slideshows. Just do Add New under plug-ins and search for slideshow.

deejayefem
03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
thank you lynn. i thought we can do it manually in the editor minus the plugin.

airbusbarkley
03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
The best slideshow plugin that I have found is Superb Slideshow. However, I was wondering if there was a slideshow plugin with the option that allows you to add text to the images.

I did a search as suggested (before I posted this inquiry) but came up empty handed. I was wondering if anyone knew of something I haven't found.

The closest I can find is a new service call kizoa.com. It's a pretty cool tool with lots of features. The drawback for me is I am not able to adjust the size of the slideshow to fit my site.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Shawn

deejayefem
03-29-2011, 11:58 PM
i have my own slide show in my site www.caraganon.com above the post using html. but this is a blogger template. this is what i want to put in my site using socrates of my new blog in wordpress. i dont want to use wordpress plug in or third party widget. hope i can do it in socrates theme with your help:)

alc
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I really would love if they can add a customizable slideshow to the top of the post area to socrates. So we can add pics and text whatever to it will keep looking for plugins but there's a ton of them and have to test them out so far have not seen one that does what I want.