PDA

View Full Version : Same problem, different server

Kacy
02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure if this is a WP or Socrates based issue. I was having several errors and challenges on HostGator so I decided to work on Cool Handle. I am experiencing the same problems. I have posts to every category. I have pages set up on navigation. I have my permalink custom set.
When I go to the url: getgreenmarket.com I get "not found" error message for any page clicked on. Inside admin, I cannot view any posts. New for coolhandle-> when I try to choose a header from Socrates, it takes me to the admin login, where my password does not work. If you click on lost password and enter my email address, go back to login screen, my password works. I sent an email to support at coolhandle and this was her reply:

Thank you for your response.
I have had this issue on my blog recently.
I did find out it was due to the php version that my site was on.
Do you know what version of php is required of your site/themes, etc.?
Currently you are working on a php 5.2.9

I do not know this answer.
I uploaded my own headers for the two sites on HG (without problem). HG had told me it was a server issue with none of the pages, categories or archives showing anything except error 404 messages. (They said others were having the same problem.)

I'm not sure about the php issue coolhandle is asking about. However, the same problem on 2 servers makes me wonder if my download is skewed, or something. If you are willing to investigate from the inside, I would be more than happy to provide my username and password in a private message.
Thanks for any assistance. I know this is a great program if I can get all the kinks out. Kacy

Dan Nickerson
02-23-2011, 11:00 PM
This is highly unusual for Wordpress and hosts to have problems on different servers. The version of PHP shouldn't be an issue.. anything over 4 is probably fine.

It still sounds more like plugin issues to me.

You're using Adsense Optimizer which is unnecessary with Socrates and its generating an error.

You should put a posts widget in sidebar so you can test posts, looking at your site it looks like you don't have any.

If you want to PM me access I'll take a look.

Kacy
02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I wrote a message to pm. You're not listed under Dan or Nickerson in my list of members. When I tried admin, I got:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. The following users were not found:
1. admin@socratestheme.com

So how do I send the message?
Thanks

lynnth
02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Click on where it says admin under one of Dan's posts. There will be a spot to send a private message.

Kacy
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info.