PDA

View Full Version : How To Remove The Right Sidebar

faraox
06-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Hello,

i would like to remove the pages, the archives and the categories from the right sidebar, how can i do that? i already have tried the no sidebar template but i don't see any changes when i refresh my browser also when i disable wp super cach plugin,

i also would like know what settings do you recommend for adsense sites whit the socrates theme, i currently woul like to setup each blog whit only one in post adsense ad and no categories, archives and most resent posts on the blog to minimal the distraction, is this setup good ore should i also ad the 728x90 advertising unit above your the posts? please suggest what setting i should use for maximum ctr,

i also would like to know if i still need to add the site title, the site description and the site keywords if i use all in one seo plugin.

thanks allot for your help

Dan Nickerson
06-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Just goto Appearance > Widgets and drag the widgets you want to the primary sidebar, they will overwrite our default widgets

Our recommended settings are listed next to the ad boxes in V 2.02 beta.

You do not have to use our title, description and keywords if you use Allinone SEO plugin.

faraox
06-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Just goto Appearance > Widgets and drag the widgets you want to the primary sidebar, they will overwrite our default widgets

Our recommended settings are listed next to the ad boxes in V 2.02 beta.

You do not have to use our title, description and keywords if you use Allinone SEO plugin.

Hi thanks for your response,

i got a couple more questions,

1) how do i remove this line below the header (Please configure in Socrates Admin Panel)

2) and how do i remove the socrates logo in the footer

3) how do i enable the theme whit no sidebars, i have done the following whit out results, i went to to the admin panel an created another page whit Template in the title and than select the no sidebar templates from the drop down and clicked on update but when i update this page and refresh my browser id don't see any changes,

thanks allot for your help

jonc
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
1) You can either setup your navigation in the socrates admin area or you can hide that section of the site by going into the Socrates style.css file and changing this line:

.im-nav { position:relative; background:url(images/completeNavBg.png) no-repeat; background-position:-5px 0px; width:980px; height:46px;
z-index:4; padding:5px 0px 0px 5px; left:0px; top:-18px; font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif}

to this:

.im-nav { position:relative; background:url(images/completeNavBg.png) no-repeat; background-position:-5px 0px; width:980px; height:46px;
z-index:4; padding:5px 0px 0px 5px; left:0px; top:-18px; font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; display:none;}

2) To remove the Socrates logo from the footer of all pages find this code in the Socrates footer.php file:

<?php if(!(is_page_template('squeezepage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_squeezefooterlogo'][0]) and !(is_page_template('salespage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_salesfooterlogo'][0]) and !(is_page_template('fullpage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_fullfooterlogo'][0])) { ?>
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.socratestheme.com/cb/go.php?id=<?php echo $analytic['click'] ?>">
<div class="bottomBar"></div></a>
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="bottomBarNoLogo"></div>
<?php } ?>

and change it to:

Just a reminder that any clicks on it would be associated with your clickbank id and you would get commission for the sale if you don't change it.

3) Make sure you have wordpress super cache disabled or any other plugin that may be caching that page. Also that will only make that individual page have no sidebars, not your entire site.

faraox
06-24-2010, 01:33 PM
1) You can either setup your navigation in the socrates admin area or you can hide that section of the site by going into the Socrates style.css file and changing this line:

z-index:4; padding:5px 0px 0px 5px; left:0px; top:-18px; font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif}

to this:

z-index:4; padding:5px 0px 0px 5px; left:0px; top:-18px; font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; display:none;}

2) To remove the Socrates logo from the footer of all pages find this code in the Socrates footer.php file:

<?php if(!(is_page_template('squeezepage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_squeezefooterlogo'][0]) and !(is_page_template('salespage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_salesfooterlogo'][0]) and !(is_page_template('fullpage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_fullfooterlogo'][0])) { ?>
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.socratestheme.com/cb/go.php?id=<?php echo $analytic['click'] ?>">
<div class="bottomBar"></div></a>
<?php } else { ?>
<?php } ?>

and change it to:

Just a reminder that any clicks on it would be associated with your clickbank id and you would get commission for the sale if you don't change it.

3) Make sure you have wordpress super cache disabled or any other plugin that may be caching that page. Also that will only make that individual page have no sidebars, not your entire site.

Hi jonc

Thanks allot for your help.