PDA

View Full Version : Don't promote amazon or wordpress, still a good theme?

pompompete
03-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey all. I'm an affiliate marketer but promote mainly digital goods and a few physical goods. I haven't used banners much, and I don't have any adsense sites.

Just wondering, is Socrates still a good choice? I tend to see a lot of banners on socrates sites, something that I wish to avoid. My main thing is to have control over where I can insert text and images.

Thanks

Dan Nickerson
03-03-2011, 09:21 AM
That's what Socrates was designed for.. to allow you to quickly monetize a wordpress theme with any affiliate program you want.

We just give you the ad locations, what you put in them is entirely up to you.

I don't understand this sentence.

"don't promote amazon or wordpress, still a good theme"

Are you saying you don't promote those, or are you saying Socrates doesn't promote those?

Socrates can be used to promote anything and trust me it has.

pompompete
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm saying that I don't promote adsense or amazon products. I wasn't sure if Socrates is designed with the adsense marketer in mind as it seems many users take this route.

When you say ad locations, I assume these are locations where ad banners/images go. Am I easily able to switch the location or remove them altogether?

Essentially I want to have control over my text and image placement.

Thanks

Dan Nickerson
03-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Most users take that route as it's by far the most profitable unless you have highly targeted traffic to a product page.

Socrates has a 7 day no CC trial. In less than 5 minutes you can register, install the theme and see all your advertising options.

The ad locations are where ads go. Whether they be text based ads (which are most popular) or image ads.

We give you locations to insert javascript or html ads.

In post ads can be any size you want, and you just use text widgets to create sidebar or footer ads.