PDA

View Full Version : Can't install zip file to wordpress site

charlic
06-23-2010, 05:43 AM
I've today created a wordpress site, using Fantastico DeLuxe. I've followed the instructions for uploading the Socrates theme, but I'm just getting this error message each time I try to upload the zip file:

The uploaded file could not be moved to /home/haveyour/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2010/06.

What could be the issue?

Thanks!

lynnth
06-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Are you using WordPress 3.0? If so, you should be using the upload under appearance/themes/install theme tab. That path looks like you are trying to use a different type of upload.

charlic
06-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Are you using WordPress 3.0? If so, you should be using the upload under appearance/themes/install theme tab. That path looks like you are trying to use a different type of upload.

Thanks for the prompt response! However, I am using the path that you've described to upload (on WP 3.0), so it seems that isn't the issue.

charlic
06-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I've been able to install the 2.02 Beta version without a problem- the issue appeared to be with the 1.2.1 version.

Minbani
07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I am also having a similar problem. Every time I download the unzipped zip file to install socrates using the theme upload method I get this message:

unpacking the package
could not create directory. /public_html

Then when I unzip and upload the theme using ftp'ing....I end up with another error....

can someone please help? I am not a WP nerd to fix the problem.

Dan Nickerson
07-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Charliec,

Make sure you go into Settings > Miscellaneous and have an uploads path set.

Minbani,

When you upload the file it has to be zipped, but here's more info on your problem. Looks like it has to be fixed via FTP.. If you need help we can do this for you.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/411611

Minbani
07-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the link. I had tried with it zipped and it wouldn't do it so I went in and changed the chmod to 777 and so far, the problem is now fixed...but it had to be done via ftp.

Thanks for the offer of help. You are seriously appreciated :-)

Minbani
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Dan,
I am still having a lot of problems....I don't know what else to do because everything I know doesn't work. I am sending you a PM (when I learn how :-)) with my website and cpanel details and if you could please tell me whats wrong and where I have gone wrong I would appreciate it please? I don't think it's all just me....??

Dan Nickerson
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Minbani,

Just replied to your PM. Your domain is still parked, and that's why you can't install Wordpress.

Minbani
07-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Dan,

If it was parked, wouldn't it have the parked sign saying so? The domain comes up OK with WP and the outline of socrates on it but no header etc...I have PM'd you.

Dan Nickerson
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
The domain you sent me via PM when clicked shows a parked page.

Dan Nickerson
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
In your 2nd PM you added the word "ideas" to the domain name so that one now comes up.

Minbani
07-05-2010, 07:03 PM
My sincere apologies :o And you are quite right. It would be an extremely good idea when asking for help to give all the right information.

Sorry Dan.

Minbani
07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
:D All Fixed! Thank you Dan so much for your patience and help. I really appreciate it.:)