PDA

View Full Version : Font on Header

The Exposure Strategist™
06-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi Dan,

I can see lots of forum questions about Header difficulties but none addressing the Font itself.

I notice the default is to shadow the text with black and this makes my red font look blurred.

Am I able to stop the shadowing effect, so the font is just red? Like the font on the right hand side under my picture.

Would you be kind enough to go to http://www.FionaMaryOnline.com and have a look.

I want to use this red coloured font, however the shadowing is making it look like it's bleeding.
No pun intended even though we're talking about the colour red! LOL!! :-

Many thanks, Dan.

Fiona :-)

lynnth
06-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Fiona,

To get rid of the shadow in the theme would require a change to the CSS or PHP files. Unless you are comfortable editing the theme files you might want to consider downloading the header image to your computer and adding the text in an image editor. Then upload that and delete the text in the Socrates layout panel so only the text within the image is displayed.

The Exposure Strategist™
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks Lynnth.
I would like to use the Socrates Text Editor for the Header Text.
I'm happy to edit the .php file, if I know what the script looks like and what to change it to.
Many thanks

lynnth
06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Dan can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you just need to delete the word socshadow in three places in header.php

The Exposure Strategist™
07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi Lynth,
I wanted to let you know that I followed your instructions to omit the black shadowing of the text in the header text and it worked (although the Socshadow actually needs to be edited in four places).
Thanks so much for your help.