PDA

View Full Version : Pagination or Page Navigation

palanit
09-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi Mr Dan

Is there a better way to display the home page navigation other than older entries and newer entries or include page numbers in between them. Also it would be good if we can include page numbers between the previous post title and next post title at the bottom of single post page. I have searched your forum for this answer i could not find and also plug-in's available for pagination is not functioning.

you can check the appearance of the page navigation of my blog at www.voicevideodatablog.com

Dan Nickerson
09-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure why pagination would not work for you.

So my answer is to just install a pagination plugin and if it's not working. Tell us what plugin and where you inserted the code into the templates, so we can help resolve.

You are using excerpts on the homepage which is highly unusual. So perhaps when you edited that page something got messed up.

In between posts you can see we have the post names, and on index and archives pages we have the older entries/new entries.

A pagination plugin and templates edit with that plugin's code should work fine..

philfarmer
02-10-2012, 05:06 AM
I installed wp-Paginate and changed placed the coding they said: <?php if(function_exists('wp_paginate')) {
wp_paginate();
} ?>
into the archive.php where ?php previous_posts_link('Newer Entries &raquo;') ?> & ?php next_posts_link('&laquo; Older Entries') ?>
where but it still isn't working.

I have posted an extra post & put the maximum post per page as 1 to make sure it works.

Is there something I am missing?

Dan Nickerson
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Can you define how it's not working?

Are you getting any errors?

Are you expecting it to show only the main page? It will only show on archive and category pages if that's the only file you edited.

It should go in index.php if you want main page pagination.

philfarmer
02-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I hadn't changed it in the index.php.

Thank you so much, your awsome Dan!