PDA

View Full Version : I can't Upload theme Socrates

Anton Bux
10-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I am newbie here and I made an account to wordpress and I wanted to upload the "Socrates file" for trial.

I go to the Appearance section as it says at Tutorial and then there is no "Add new themes" or "Install new themes" button or something.

What can I do? How will I upload Socrates??

Thank you in advance

lynnth
10-07-2011, 04:46 AM
If you select Themes under Appearance there should be a tab for installing a theme.

Dan Nickerson
10-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Socrates doesn't work with Wordpress.com sites if that's what you mean by "account" You need your own domain and hosting.

Anton Bux
10-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I downloaded the Wordpress 3.0 version and I will install this on my computer in order to install Socrates theme.

Am I right?? Becausa, I pushed the button under the appearance Theme and there was nowhere the Install themes button.

Thank you again

Dan Nickerson
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
You need to install Wordpress on your domain hosting account, not your computer.

Anton Bux
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Goodmorning,

can anyone help me and tell step by step how to install the wordpress on my domain hosting account?? :(

Thank you in advance

lynnth
10-10-2011, 04:35 AM
The following assumes that you have cpanel as your hosting control panel.

Find Fantastico Deluxe (near the bottom of cPanel)
run it
There is an option on the menu along the left side to install WordPress
Leave the directory box blank to install WordPress on the domain root
set your username and password
a couple more clicks on each button to proceed to next step and you're done

Anton Bux
10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
I 've been running Windows7, can I install cpanel or is it for linux only?

lynnth
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Are you running the domain on a local computer rather than through a hosting company? Typically the domain is on a hosting company computer (most tend to use Linux). To run it locally on a Windows computer you would need a package like WampServer to run the Php code.

Anton Bux
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Ok admin and lynnth, I told a friend of mine and he "did" the work!!

It's ok now! Now, I have to "play" with the trial and then purchase the Socrates theme.

Thank you