PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Add A Web Form

chapatoni
07-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Just started a new blog and uploaded Socrates : http://www.veggiegardeningforbeginners.com

I need to add a web form and some text above on the side bar. How do I do that?

Thanks

Peter

lynnth
07-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Peter,

Create the HTML like you normally would for the form. Then paste the form code into a text widget that you place in the sidebar of your choice.

chapatoni
07-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Thanks for that but whilst that may be useful to some...its a foreign language to me.

Is there any simple instruction on how to do that so that I don't mess up the page?

I can creat a html code for text in kompozer.net and capture the html code for the form but I don't know how to add a text widget and place it in the side bar without messing up what is already in there

EHiatt121
07-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Go to Appearance>Widgets Then look toward the bottom and you will see a rectangle shaped box that says arbitrary text. Simply drag that box to right where it says primary side bar, or whichever side bar you are using. In the area that on right that says, Primary Sidebar, click the down arrow to open it. Now just drag that text widget that we got from the bottom of the page and drag it into sidebar. The box will open automatically, paste your code and click save.

chapatoni
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Whats happened now is that I have got the form where I want it - in the primary side bar right at the top! - but that has deleted the navigation and the categories etc....can I do anything to recover them?

http://www.veggiegardeningforbeginners.com

Thanks

Peter

lynnth
07-02-2010, 09:34 AM
What was displayed there was the default set of widgets that WordPress displays if you do not place anything in the sidebar. Just go to Appearance / widgets and drag the ones you want over into the sidebar underneath the widget with the opt-in form. You can also place those widgets into one of the sidebars displayed at the bottom of the page if you want a look more like the Socrates demo blog.

chapatoni
07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Grateful for your prompt response..I am sorted.

Thank you very much.

lynnth
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
You're most welcome