PDA

View Full Version : Missing required field

Thije
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I have got a problem and i hope there is a solution.

I'm getting the following warnings when i enter my website in the Google Rich Snippets Testing Tool.

Warning: Missing required field "entry-title".
Warning: Missing required field "updated".
Warning: Missing required hCard "author".

There are some anwsers (http://webstutorial.com/warning-missing-required-field-entry-title-missing-required-field-updated-missing-required-hcard-author/featured)on the internet but where and how do i put this in the Socrates theme ?

Thanks!!
Thije

Dan Nickerson
03-08-2012, 09:54 AM
To be honest I'd never even heard of this, but will probably put it into 3.0

For the title..

In index.php and single.php

Find.

<<?php echo $titleTag; ?>>

and change to:

<<?php echo $titleTag; ?> class="entry-title">

For the other functions I'm not sure how to integrate yet.. will need to have a programmer look into it and
see if it can be done. I've spent almost 90 minutes on this and just can't spend any more time.

Thije
03-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the solution and your time on the titletag, it works!!
I think for the rest, updated and author, it has to be integrated in <div class="postAuthor">By <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> on <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y') ?>, don't you think?

Dan Nickerson
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Yes, but I tried doing that and didn't have much luck.

joelweb
07-17-2012, 06:28 AM
For the other functions I'm not sure how to integrate yet.. will need to have a programmer look into it and
see if it can be done. I've spent almost 90 minutes on this and just can't spend any more time.

The change for the the author has worked fine.

Do you have any update concerning:

Warning: Missing required field "updated".
Warning: Missing required hCard "author".

Have you already hired a programmer?

Regards,
Joel.

Dan Nickerson
07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Had programmer look at it, but we're not going to be making any more changes. Check out this tutorial.

http://nepallica.com/fix-google-rich-snippets-warning-missing-required-field-wordpress/