PDA

View Full Version : Error Message every time I load 3.2

platinumts
04-19-2012, 09:21 PM
OK, I am completely new to Word Press and Socrates. I loaded Socrates with no problem before but now with this new 3.2 Im having problems. I keeep getting this message.

Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
Destination folder already exists. /home/content/92/8615892/html/wp-content/themes/socrates/
Theme install failed.

Do I have to delete the older version first before I load the new one and if so, how do you do that. I have tried but am so frustrated.

Dan Nickerson
04-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Yes, you have to delete the prior theme. Your settings will be saved.

We have upgrade instructions on the download page, right below the download.

Save any custom css, headers or backgrounds to your desktop
Download Zip
Open your domain’s WordPress dashboard
Goto Appearance > Themes and activate another theme… “default” is fine.
Once Socrates is inactive “delete it” (you won’t lose settings)
Goto Appearance > Add New Themes then click “upload”
Locate Zip file on hard drive and upload
Activate Socrates
Use Activation Code above to validate your license. (not necessary if already active)
Check your headers and reupload any custom header or backgrounds
Important – Resave Layout Section and Navigation Section! (not necessary for 3.0)
If you’re upgrading to Socrates 3.0 you must setup WordPress Menus!

platinumts
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
step 4: after going to Appearance> There is no activate another theme button anywhere and in the Manage Themes Tab it shows the Old 2.3Socrates Them, there are no Activate-Preview-Delete buttons.

Dan Nickerson
04-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Did you delete the default themes that came with Wordpress? If so just click search for Twenty Ten, install that theme.. then activate... then you can delete Socrates.

Kelly Marsh
04-24-2012, 04:26 PM
When I follow the instructions above, and click Activate, the resulting page is blank.
Preview also results in a blank page.

Dan Nickerson
04-24-2012, 07:14 PM
What version of wordpress are you using and are all your plugins up to to date?

Is there anything unusual about your install? We've had a few people mention this, but 100's of installs.

Kelly Marsh
04-25-2012, 09:45 AM
What version of wordpress are you using and are all your plugins up to to date?

Is there anything unusual about your install? We've had a few people mention this, but 100's of installs.

We are using Wordpress Version 3.3.2.
We are running this on Windows Server 2008 R2 instead of a Unix server.
When we update Wordpress, the automatic update fails due to permissions issues, so we unzip and drag the files into place manually.
Socrates however, installs automatically just fine (it unzips properly into the themes directory).

Dan Nickerson
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Kelly,

Thanks for this info... it could be windows.. but it's most likely the permissions..

https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress+theme+blank+permissions

Kelly Marsh
04-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I turned on debugging, and this is the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\Web\Blog\wp-content\themes\socratesnew\functions\panel\themeop tions.php on line 2128

lynnth
04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Socrates expects to be named socrates - not socratesnew. Rename it and it should behave better.

Kelly Marsh
04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Socrates expects to be named socrates - not socratesnew. Rename it and it should behave better.

Unfortunately I receive the same error either way.

Dan Nickerson
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Can you remove the space in that file? Looks like that code on themeoptions.php isn't closing right..

Change

<?php
}

?>

to

<?php } ?>

Forum Admin
04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi,

can you confirm that this worked? It will help us so we can fix the bug on the next release.

Thanks,

Can you remove the space in that file? Looks like that code on themeoptions.php isn't closing right..

Change

to

Kelly Marsh
04-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi,

can you confirm that this worked? It will help us so we can fix the bug on the next release.

Thanks,

Negative.
I am still stumped.
It could be anything throughout the whole file, or some other include, but I am not familiar enough with the source code to adequately troubleshoot.

Dan Nickerson
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Kelly, if you want to PM me cpanel and wp access I can take a look tomorrow...

josh beans
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
i need help my activation code wont work iv tried so many times i might not be looking at the right thing i dont know

Forum Admin
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi Josh,

Have you tried Socrates version 3.03?

If that doesn't help you, then this is a work around:

install 2.3, and activate then upgrade to 3.03

To install 2.3

1)activate another theme

2)delete the socrates theme - Don't worry, it won't delete any of your settings.

upload Socrates 2.3 and activate that one

ACTIVATE YOUR SITE with your activation code - get this code from the members area, download page.

after your site has been activated follow steps 1 and 2

upload 3.03.

Really sorry about the issue. We're working to fix this.

-Fred.