PDA

View Full Version : Header and Background Problems

thunter
07-07-2010, 12:22 AM
I have Socrates on one of my sites and was adding it to another. I received the following warnings when I put Socrates on my newest site, www.metaldetecting4u.com:

Under Header:
Warning: opendir(../wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/metaldetecting4u/wp-content/themes/socrates2.03/functions.php on line 2059

Under Background:
Warning: opendir(../wp-content/themes/socrates/background-images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/metaldetecting4u/wp-content/themes/socrates2.03/functions.php on line 1241

I am unable to change the background and there are no images for the header available.

I went to the site on which I previously put Socrates 2.03, www.plussizewomenscoats.net and found that I
could not change the background--no backgrounds were available.

I deleted Socrates with filezilla and reloaded it, but had the same results. Can you help? :(

compusol
07-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Hi

It looks from the error message that you have given that the problem could be due to the name that you have given the socrates folder.

It is important that the folder name is socrates, yours is socrates2.03

public_html/metaldetecting4u/wp-content/themes/socrates2.03

This may be due to you saving the zip file as socrates2.03 rather than simply socrates.

The theme relies very much on the folder name being unchanged from the default.

Two ways to fix this:

Go into your site via FTP and rename the folder socrates2.03 to socrates

Or delete the existing socrates theme from WP, rename your zip file socrates, then reinstall via WP

Should work correctly then.

If you have a problem send me an FTP login via PM and I will fix it for you.

thunter
07-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks a lot!

I thought I was saving myself some future grief by adding the version number to keep versions straight.

I was able to rename the folders and that did the trick.

Again, thanks for your help and your quick reply.:)

compusol
07-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Glad to be able to help.