PDA

View Full Version : clickbank ads or adsense ads in posts

beards
07-23-2010, 01:27 PM
I made a post and then put clickbank hoplink ads in the post. Well I didn't like it so I took the code out of the layout area and wanted to replace it with adsense ads. I saved everything after and when i go to the site and ht refresh it still has the clickbank ads. How do I get these to change?

lynnth
07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
You sure you don't have a caching plug-in running? It would cause a delay in seeing a change to the site.

beards
07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
I have wp super cache running will this cause a problem like that?

Also askimet, all in one seo, and hosted by gator. Not sure why I need the gator one, do I?

lynnth
07-23-2010, 02:23 PM
If WP Supercache is running there will be a significant delay between making changes on your site and being able to see them. That's why we recommend disabling that plug-in until the site is fully setup. The hosted by gator plug-in is installed by Hostgator and basically gives them free advertising on your site if you leave it running.

beards
07-23-2010, 02:25 PM
OK, that all is good to know. It's amazing what I learn every day. Thank you Lynnth.

beards
07-23-2010, 03:43 PM
OK, I getting there but yet another question.

I put some clickbank hoplink ads at the bottom of my posts. but it is only one row and yet it pushed the theme way way down leaving a lot of white space. how do you correct this?

lynnth
07-23-2010, 04:28 PM
It should not have done that. There might have been some mis formating in the HTML.

beards
07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Will changing the padding in the code change how for it is pushed down? Or is the padding for to the right and left of the actual ad? What other things in the code might be pushing it down like that?

lynnth
07-24-2010, 05:11 AM
There are padding values for all four directions. If you have been modifying style.css, you could have created the current spacing.