PDA

View Full Version : Header Title Fonts

melita
06-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi Support,
I installed your Socrates theme and I like it very much. There are a couple of things I would like to edit but can't find where to do that.
1. The title text font, I would like to change it to Script MT Bold and the Desc. title font to Arial Italic or Script MT. Where can I change that?
2. I would also like to position the header title a few pxs. lower and a few pxs. to the right. (Not dead center)
Hopefully someone here can help me.
Thank you...Melita

Dan Nickerson
06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Melita,

First you should know that Script MT Bold is not a browser safe font. So I wouldn't recommend using that.

In the CSS you can also adjust the title text positioning by changing.

.shadow { text-shadow: black 2px 2px 5px;}

to

.shadow { text-shadow: black 2px 2px 5px;padding-left: 30px;padding-top: 30px;}

You can also add a font into this to override the styling settings.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend doing this until we release Version 2.0 and have more tutorials as you'll need to redo it again.

The easiest quickest and best solution is to simply download one of our headers and add the title and description in your fonts in a graphics editor.. then reupload.

That way you can get the exact look and positioning you want as well, and makes it simple to upgrade.

If you can't do this on your computer I can do it for you.

melita
06-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Dan,
I'm using version 2.0 beta now. I can add the title in firefox but, what about when I set up the Header in wp, will it matter if I leave the title and desc. blank?

Melita,

First you should know that Script MT Bold is not a browser safe font. So I wouldn't recommend using that.

In the CSS you can also adjust the title text positioning by changing.

.shadow { text-shadow: black 2px 2px 5px;}

to

.shadow { text-shadow: black 2px 2px 5px;padding-left: 30px;padding-top: 30px;}

You can also add a font into this to override the styling settings.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend doing this until we release Version 2.0 and have more tutorials as you'll need to redo it again.

The easiest quickest and best solution is to simply download one of our headers and add the title and description in your fonts in a graphics editor.. then reupload.

That way you can get the exact look and positioning you want as well, and makes it simple to upgrade.

If you can't do this on your computer I can do it for you.

Dan Nickerson
06-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Melita, Correct, but you will definitely want to install Version 2.0 final when released.

Our system doesn't use the WP title and description in the header, but you should still set it up in Settings > General

If you leave our header/title blank it just won't appear.

melita
06-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi dan,
I did leave it blank and it's showing. See here.
http://www.myworkathomegenie.com
Thanks...Melita

Dan Nickerson
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Reload your browser. it's not showing for me.

melita
06-12-2010, 02:35 PM
I did that and checked it in IE and it still shows

Dan Nickerson
06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Melita,

I'm sorry, it's got to be a caching issue on your end. I do not see any text title on:
http://www.myworkathomegenie.com (http://www.myworkathomegenie.com/) in any browser.

All I see is the header image with text embedded in the graphic and no extra text written by theme.

Perhaps someone else could help confirm this for Melita, or Melita perhaps you could ask someone you know online.

Or delete your cache and reboot.

ltbush
06-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Melita,

All I see is the header image with text embedded in the graphic. There is no extra text written by theme.

Test this by trying to click on the "text" that is in the header image. If it is text written by the theme, it will appear as a link when you hover your mouse pointer over it (pointer turns to the hand). If it is just text embedded within the graphic, the mouse pointer will not turn into the hand pointer.

Hope this helps.

Larry

melita
06-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Hi Larry,
I think the confusion is because Dan and I were not referring to the same thing.
I purposely left the desc. and name out of the setup page so that it wouldnt show on the Header image. Now I inserted it and blended the color so it doesn't show but, it's now in the code. I hope that that's ok to do.
Thanks for all your help...Melita

lynnth
06-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Melita,

Be careful using "hidden" text on a page. I have seen some reports that Google considers this a black hat tactic.

Dan Nickerson
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Melita,

I based my response on this statement

I did leave it blank and it's showing. See here.
http://www.myworkathomegenie.com (http://www.myworkathomegenie.com/)

It was not showing for me.

I don't think it's necessary to do what you did with the header title, and to be honest. hidden text of any kind is a really bad idea. It will be really difficult to compete for those keywords in search engines so I really don't seen any benefit to doing this.. and some potential problems if your site was ever manually reviewed by Google.

melita
06-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks again Dan, I didn't know that so I will just leave the header title and description blank in the settings...Melita