Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Question HELP with: BACKGROUND IMAGE / TAB-POST ADJUSTMENTS - ADDITIONAL SIDE TEXT BOX

For my website I'm working on, I've created in individual tab for where I want the (BLOG) posts to be. For how things are structured in Socrates right now, that setup is for the 'home' page, where the posts will get regularly published. How do I get that posting setup moved to the other tab/page (for regular blog posts). The 'home' page I just want initial/generic information with links that stays there, but right now I cannot put that up, as the current setup is all the blog posts will be put and updated regularly there.

Secondly, how would I add in another (text) box, either under the initial banner, or one to the (left) side. I want to put a box, where I can write up a quick 'about' surmised in a sentence or two, for people to see initially, versus clicking on the 'about' tab and getting an entire page of information.

And lastly, I tried to upload my own background for the site, but nothing was loading, only the initial choices that are layed out, work. Do I need an image of a particular size or file (jpg / gif / png)? I'm using firefox on windows 7.

You change this in Settings > Reading in your Wordpress dashboard.

Just choose a static page for your homepage.

Add a text widget to the top of your primary sidebar and enter your info there for a (text box). You can also make any post "sticky" by using the quick edit box and leaving it at the top of all your blog posts.

You can only upload, .jpg .gif, or .png. No bitmaps... and size shouldn't matter but smaller is better.

Exclamation

thank you for the suggestions, it all worked out perfectly! except for the image upload for the background. no matter what image i try to upload nothing works or comes up (except for the already preloaded color backgrounds in socrates).

am i meant to get/download a specific background from somewhere for it to upload? i'm not sure what i'm missing/doing wrong, because the simple browse, attach file (jpg, gif, or png) and save/submit option is not working.

Red face resolved!

never mind about the background image issue - i FINALLY resolved it/figured it out! YAY!
    thanks for all your help!