- Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin when troubleshooting
- Make sure you don't have double directory (view source look for stylesheet path if you see /socrates/socrates/style.css you have double directory..
- Make sure Wordpress version is up to date
- Make sure you've saved all panels, especially Styles and Backgrounds
- Try making changes using a different browser
- Make sure Socrates is latest version
- Try reinstalling Socrates (save any custom headers first)
If you would like to upgrade your current install here’s how to do it.
That’s it. Can take 10 seconds if you’ve done this before.
- Save any custom headers, custom css or backgrounds to your desktop
- Download Latest Version 2.0 Zip from Downloads page.
- Open your domain’s Wordpress dashboard
- Goto Appearance > Themes and activate another theme “default” is fine.
- Once Socrates is inactive “delete it” (you won’t lose settings)
- Goto Appearance > Add New Themes then click “upload”
- Locate Zip file on hard drive and upload
- Activate Socrates 2.0
- Update any new fields you find in layout
- Check your headers and reupload any custom header or backgrounds
I cannot get the site to accept the new theme changes. Shows new header in the dashboard view but will not update the changes when viewing the site.
The title, description and style do not change.
Refreshing it does not change it.
I am using FF version 3.6.3
Can you clarify you do not have Wp Super Cache plugin activated and share your URL?
Header Changes Not Accepted
Originally Posted by Margaret
I am experiencing the same issues as Margaret. I've tried re-installing Socrates and deactivating the WP Super Cache plugin to no avail.
I can see the changes on the dashboard but not on the live site.
Could you please include a link to your site?
I see a custom header with books on it, and a background color..
So changes have saved..
Unpacking never finishes
I just purchased the Socrates product and downloaded the zip file. Following instructions, I browsed for the zip file and it uploaded, but there is a message that says the file is unpacking. It has been like this for quite some time.
I am using a Mac and Firefox.
Then I tried it on my PC laptop... got the same results. Never finished unpacking.
Any hint as to what I can do to fix this?
If all else fails, I can unzip and upload via FTP, right?
Thanks for your help,
I haven't seen this problem before.
You can unzip and FTP..
Another thing to try is a quick reinstall of Wordpress in the tools folder..
Tools > Upgrade..
Sounds more like a Wordpress issue, not theme..
Sorry for the problem.
Thank you for such a quick reply
I am thinking it is a wordpress issue as well, because I am getting the same problem (downloading zip file never completes) when I try to automatically update wordpress to version 3.0.
Originally Posted by admin