Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thanks for the comments everyone, and sorry I wasn't on the forum much the last 3 days, I've been teaching a marketing workshop.

Brantley, can you share your URL? Header problems are usually a result of a bad FTP upload of the theme, and IE8 incompatibility or plugin conflict.

I would install our latest beta via your dashboard and see if that doesn't solve all your issues.

Default No Sidebars Page template

Tried using this, and did not get expected results.

When checking the SHOW BLOG HEADER am expecting to see the custom header that I created. When unchecked, I expect it to disappear.

However, when I check it to be ENABLED, I don't see my custom header.

Am in the midst of creating a site, so turning things off and on is a bit difficult, but try this with Wordpress 3 and you'll see what I mean.

We've tested with wp3 but will test more. Sorry for problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EHiatt121 View Post
    Not sure if this is really relevant but, kinda I talked about in another post. Coming from a semi-newbie, I've learned a lot the last 3 months and I feel I am semi-noob now, in my opinion it might be safer to use KISS rules.

Don't get me wrong, I am positive there are advanced techniques that work great and quite effective for your sites. But I just have to believe that sometimes less is more and if Dan and his team felt that something needed to be added to the theme, then they put it in there. Like I said, if the Marines wanted me to have a wife, they would have issued me one.

Again, I am no one special, I keep my sites pretty basic and following what the theme gives me for the most part and my sites are picking up steam. Most are in the top 5 pages of google searches and steadily climbing.

Just seems that the more people try to get fancy, the more problems arise. Again, my opinion, my .02 cents.

Yes, EHiatt121.

I agree with you.

If Socrates theme become very technical...what Am I going to do?

Please Dan...if something is needed to be added to the theme...save it for socrates theme 3.0.

To keep upgrading just one site... it is not too bad...but more then one...it sucks!!!!

Thank you Dan for Socrates and for the hard work.

dossantos
    Last edited by dossantos; 06-20-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone, and sorry I wasn't on the forum much the last 3 days, I've been teaching a marketing workshop.

Brantley, can you share your URL? Header problems are usually a result of a bad FTP upload of the theme, and IE8 incompatibility or plugin conflict.

I would install our latest beta via your dashboard and see if that doesn't solve all your issues.
    Dan...I've tried it on a couple of my sites but here's a for instance. http://bodybacknutrition.com, uploaded the theme last night, uploaded a custom header, saved it, changed a couple nav buttons (which worked fine) but no custom header will display. It is not changing the image file in the stylesheet, I can do it manually but that's supposed to be the beauty of Socrates, that I don't have to...right??

Brantley, you don't have Socrates on your site right now.

Yes that's how it works for 98% of our customers... it seems a couple percent have issues with the headers for one reason or another.

If you use our contact form to email me your wordpress login I can have you setup in a couple of minutes.

Brantley, you don't have Socrates on your site right now.

Yes that's how it works for 98% of our customers... it seems a couple percent have issues with the headers for one reason or another.

If you use our contact form to email me your wordpress login I can have you setup in a couple of minutes.
    I took it down when I couldn't get it to work correctly...I have it on two other sites and have no problems at all...did those two a couple months ago but my problems started when I was trying to get a few new sites up last week.

Okay Dan...is it just really slow to update for some reason...I reinstalled the theme it was changed all up like I wanted it to be so I tried making other changes and again it will not display changes....is is just slow??

Brantley, I see a custom header on your site that says "External HardDrive" so a custom header is appearing.

I don't see WP super cache, but do you have any caching programs loading? Can you view it in a different browser?

Brantley, I see a custom header on your site that says "External HardDrive" so a custom header is appearing.

I don't see WP super cache, but do you have any caching programs loading? Can you view it in a different browser?
    Yeah I have another header, saved and loaded, the Socrates admin panel shows the correct header but the page still displays the other header. Please help me. Tried in IE and Firefox.