Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Brantley, okay I logged in and that is definitely strange and you're using also 1.2.1. And this issue was never reported before. I will run it by Jon, but can I recommend you try deleting the first image via FTP or a file manager? That's the quickest fix.

I actually tried removing the underscores too, but no effect.

Default Custom Headers

It works but can be a bit buggy. I use a Macbook Pro and it won't work on Safari for sure! I use Flock and love it. It was developed from the boys in the back room at Firefox and has the FF engine. All FF plugins work on it.

I did have this problem a couple of times. I found that my graphics were not exactly to size. What program are you using to create the custom header? I've used Xara Xtreme mostly because it blows photoshop away and is faster. Photoshop works well be is bloated, slow and over priced.

If you are 2 pixels over on the width you may experience issues. Same on the height. What format is your graphic? I've had the best luck with png files. If you create a bunch of custom headers then ftp them to the image directory, they will show up under custom images in Socrates.

ie... public_html/wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads

Put your files directly there and you'll have no issues.

This is far better than having to dive into your css sheets to change the name of the header graphic every time you want a header change.

I created about 50 custom headers and store them in my master file. So when I create a new blog (which is every third day) I can just upload the entire socrates file into "themes". Works like a charm.

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by brantley whitley View Post
    Dan...I've tried it on a couple of my sites but here's a for instance. http://bodybacknutrition.com, uploaded the theme last night, uploaded a custom header, saved it, changed a couple nav buttons (which worked fine) but no custom header will display. It is not changing the image file in the stylesheet, I can do it manually but that's supposed to be the beauty of Socrates, that I don't have to...right??

I can definitely ftp the header into the appropriate folder and make the change without any problem. However, the whole point of me purchasing Socrates and recommending it to my customers is the ease of use in the "socrates admin console". The speed and ease of use is what convinced me to purchase the them in the first place. I have plenty of free themes that I can alter the css for but I wanted Socrates to simplify my life and allow me to build sites quicker and easier.

The only fix I've found today inside admin panel is to change the default background, for some reason that will allow my custom header to load without a problem. I'm just disappointed more than anything, was really hoping this theme would prove to be my equalizer.

Default Header

I tried that in my Firefox and it did not show the changed header. However, If I ignored the fact that the header did not seem to change, and just click on "save" anywwy - it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by brantley whitley View Post
    I can definitely ftp the header into the appropriate folder and make the change without any problem. However, the whole point of me purchasing Socrates and recommending it to my customers is the ease of use in the "socrates admin console". The speed and ease of use is what convinced me to purchase the them in the first place. I have plenty of free themes that I can alter the css for but I wanted Socrates to simplify my life and allow me to build sites quicker and easier.

The only fix I've found today inside admin panel is to change the default background, for some reason that will allow my custom header to load without a problem. I'm just disappointed more than anything, was really hoping this theme would prove to be my equalizer.

Hey Dan...did you find out anything yet about the problems I and others have been having?? Please let me know.

Sorry Brantley, we'll try to get an answer for you today.

Brantley, I feel like an idiot.

Just re-reading above.. when you said you changed the default background and it worked that was the key.

Our instructions are super clear on that version that you need to save all the panels for it to work. I just assumed you had saved the background, and since Version 2.0 beta came out I hadn't thought about that issue.

If you just upgrade to Version 2.02 beta the problem will be solved.

Sorry, when you said you had installed on multiple sites with no issues my mind didn't skip to the obvious.. all the panels weren't saved as they need to be in Version 1.1, 1.2

Dan,
    How do I upgrade to 2.02? I have 2.0 installed. When I try to install 2.02 is says "failed". I don't want nto overwrite all of my settings etc....

Can you advise as to the best way to update my installation?

Thanks,

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Brantley, I feel like an idiot.

Just re-reading above.. when you said you changed the default background and it worked that was the key.

Our instructions are super clear on that version that you need to save all the panels for it to work. I just assumed you had saved the background, and since Version 2.0 beta came out I hadn't thought about that issue.

If you just upgrade to Version 2.02 beta the problem will be solved.

Sorry, when you said you had installed on multiple sites with no issues my mind didn't skip to the obvious.. all the panels weren't saved as they need to be in Version 1.1, 1.2

Nick,

here is the process (from the beginning of this thread)

If you would like to upgrade your current install here’s how to do it.
    1. Save any custom headers, custom css or backgrounds to your desktop
    2. Download Latest Version 2.0 Zip from Downloads page.
    3. Open your domain’s Wordpress dashboard
    4. Goto Appearance > Themes and activate another theme “default” is fine.
    5. Once Socrates is inactive “delete it” (you won’t lose settings)
    6. Goto Appearance > Add New Themes then click “upload”
    7. Locate Zip file on hard drive and upload
    8. Activate Socrates 2.0
    9. Update any new fields you find in layout
    10. Check your headers and reupload any custom header or backgrounds
    your settings (with the exception of the headers) will stay intact
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Excellent!
    Thanks Lynn
    I'll do that with my least active site to start and see how it goes.. then I'll do them all.

Thanks,
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnth View Post
    Nick,

here is the process (from the beginning of this thread)

If you would like to upgrade your current install here’s how to do it.
    1. Save any custom headers, custom css or backgrounds to your desktop
    2. Download Latest Version 2.0 Zip from Downloads page.
    3. Open your domain’s Wordpress dashboard
    4. Goto Appearance > Themes and activate another theme “default” is fine.
    5. Once Socrates is inactive “delete it” (you won’t lose settings)
    6. Goto Appearance > Add New Themes then click “upload”
    7. Locate Zip file on hard drive and upload
    8. Activate Socrates 2.0
    9. Update any new fields you find in layout
    10. Check your headers and reupload any custom header or backgrounds
    your settings (with the exception of the headers) will stay intact