Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Socrates Flexability Question

How do I build dropdowns within the navagation bar buttons just under the header? I want the dropdowns to list topics that take the visitor to new pages.

IBiz, I moved your thread to custom mods as we may add a custom mod for this, but we don't have plans to include drop down menus in Version 2.0 or 2.1.

We do hope to add some code here or have a member add a hack for drop down menu functionality to our primary navbar in the near future.

Default Drop Down Nav buttons

"Near future" mean next week, month or year?

I need a WP theme with page hierarchy feature.

IBiz, later this month I would suspect. It's not that complex to replace our primary navbar with a drop down menu. And you have page hierarchy in our the sidebar.

How's this, if we don't have time to do this ourselves I'll pay someone to write the mod by the end of the month. Part of the reason we created this forum was to add in mods without integrating in theme

Hi Dan,

I too am interested in the drop down navigation. (I posted a question regarding 'subnavigation' before I saw this thread.)

I appreciate your offer to get it done sooner than later as this is a necessary feature for my site(s) as well.

Much peace,
    Lisa

http://aliciaandlisa.com

Is there an update on the progress of the Socrates theme having drop down navigation? I see that you generously offered to have the code written. If there is a way to get the code I am very interested in using it in my sites.

Thanks for all you do!

Lisa
    Last edited by ebepower; 06-27-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added a little more info

I'm looking to bring on more developers and I assume one of them can quickly make a mode to replace our primary navbar with drop down navigation.

It won't have the extra SEO features we offer, but it can have basic drop down functionality.

I don't have a date on this but hope with a week or so.

Thanks, Dan!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say,
    It won't have the extra SEO features we offer
    Either way, I'll be happy to have the drop down menus to organize my pages and posts.

Peace,
    Lisa

We designed our navigation bars for optimal seo and efficiency.

You can set any link on our navbar to be a No-follow link or open in new windows to keep users on your page.

For example, if you don't want to pass google pr to privacy, term, or contact pages you can do that with our navigation bar.

If you want to keep pages or categories hidden you can do it as well.

Once you use a drop down menu you give up those options.

Sidebars are a better place to organize categories and posts. Because your visitors are more accustomed to finding content in that location.

These are some of the reasons we chose not to include a drop down in our first couple of releases. We know people like it though so it will be a future release.

And I do promise we're going to look into this further shortly.

I have a couple of blogs I can't use this theme with, because I also use drop down menus in the nav bar. It's almost a necessary part of navigation on many websites and most of mine require it.

I'm wondering why using a drop down menu means you lose the SEO you mentioned?