Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Can I use Vector Graphics type in the Socrates header?

The type in the Socrates header is bit-map, and fades rapidly when you enlarge it. I want to razor sharpen up the header graphics type. I don't want to use an image, because of loss of SEO. I was thinking about using Vector Graphics, but I don't know if this will work.

Also, I have Photoshop 7, which is a bit-map program I think. I don't have Adobe Illustrator anymore. What can I do to make this type, if I can use it in the Socrates header? Many thanks...

Kindest Regards...

Mike C. Steinberg
    mcsteiny@yahoo.com

Just design your header graphic with the type you want and then hide the h1 title text.

http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/s...04&postcount=4

What about the description tagline Dan? Do the same thing in CSS? The type on that is the worst one.

Improving the type quality, and the choices for type, might be a good update for Socrates.
    Thanks...

Mike

Yes, you could do the same thing for the description.

Honestly you are the first person to mention an issue with the type. No one's ever had a problem with it before.

How would you suggest we improve it? We are starting on our next update this week.

Default Can I use Vector Graphics type in the Socrates header?

Dan,

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings with my post about the header and description type. It looks ok for some uses, but for me, I'd like to try and sharpen up the type graphics. The reason is...looking at it as a customer going to my site for the first time...the first thing that is going to strike that person when he opens the site, is the header and description. My opinion is, that you need to catch your customers eye quickly, and that is a way to do it. I have noticed, that sharp header and description graphics catch MY eye.

For an update...you kind of caught me off guard, even though I was the one who suggested it. Well, for one, the selections for type are very limited in the header section. The different types available out there are vast. But script and other standards would be good. I think you should throw in something really standout and different, so Socrates users can really create a professional looking header and description, that conveys a theme if you will. Also, a way to change the type on every word, or even letter. Another one that would really look good, would be the plastic looking 3d lettering that glints. Of course, you should be able to change the color on every single letter type (maybe gradient too).

I think Socrates is great! I believe you have only scratched the surface with this program Dan. It has tremendous potential. I would love to work on this Socrates master theme. How about giving me a job? I'm doing beta work for Jonathon Leger on his 'Instant Article Wizard' right now.

Thanks for asking, and I hope this isn't too long.

Kindest Regards...

Mike C. Steinberg
    mcsteiny@yahoo.com

The beauty of Socrates is that if anyone wants unique titles and descriptions they can simply add them to their header using an offline photo editor..

I could see adding a few more fonts, or cufon fonts..

The header system is complex enough, and our simplicity is what really sells the theme. There are definitely improvements we can make in the header area, but it's often better not to overwhelm the user with options.

As far as hiring.. if you are an expert wordpress developer, PM me a link to your portfolio and I'll take a look.