Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Developer license - what license do clients get?

Hello, I was wondering, if I purchase developer license - what license do my customers get if I sell it to them? Can they access the members area, too? Are there any restrictions for those customers that buy from someone with developer license (or they don't get any bonuses)?

And secondly, is there also affiliate comission for sold Developers License or is there only for the Single and Unlimited use license?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
    Toffsy Heart

We assume most developers are just giving their clients access to a completed and activate site.

We don't give out any special access. If you would like us to give a client access, create a trial account for them and PM me their name.

I will upgrade their account.

The developer's license is comissionable but we do obviously frown and take notice on anyone buying it through their own affiliate ID.

Thumbs up

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have a couple more questions:

1. Would the upgrade of client's account cost my client more money (since they would buy it from me, it would be good to know that)?

2. So, if I understand it right, even though Clickbank allows affiliates to buy product(s) through their own affiliate link, you don't allow buying developer's license through their affiliate link, but allow buying Single and Unlimited licenses through their affiliate link, right?

Regards,
    Toffsy Heart
    Last edited by ToffsyHeart; 01-22-2011 at 01:38 PM.

1. Just buy your client a license using your own affiliate ID. You can buy them a single or unlimited license. So there's no correlation to costing them more money or not. It's what license they want or what license you give them.

2. Nowhere did I state that we don't allow the practice. I stated that we frowned upon it.

As far as affiliate referrals. If you refer a client or a customer technically you're the affiliate. You should earn a commission. So that's why in #1, I have no problem telling you to buy from your own ID. You made the referral.

However, in #2 for the developer license we already discounted the price to make it more appealing. And technically you're buying for your own business use.

So you buy for $19.70 per license versus $47. (or $25 if affiliate id)

So we already factored in the savings. $6 cheaper than if buying with your affiliate ID. If you buy from your own ID you'd get developer's licenses for $9.70 each.

Do you see my point?

So when I say we frown upon it and take notice it's because we're trying provide a discounted rate, but we can't afford that rate if people buy through their own ID and double discount.

If that happens, we'd either pull the $197.00 price or increase it to $297.00.

So you can do it, I can't stop you. But I may have to pull the offer down if it's abused.

When you say Clickbank allows it, you mean their system allows it (it has to, or would be programming nightmare). It doesn't mean they encourage or endorse it.

Thumbs up

Thanks for clearing things up. I surely wouldn't want to make you guys frown (that's why I asked about this in the first place)

I think the Developer's license is a great deal. Maybe you could give 2 options for it - make this $197 deal for complete 10 pack Single license and make another for the Unlimited 10 pack. It's much less time-consuming for developers to make one buy instead of 10. Okay, that's only my 2 cents in.

Still, I think you're doing a great job!

Thanks for all your answers.