Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Need help - new user - new install

Greetings!

I am ready to install a new blog with Socrates theme - first time. I'd like to start with the latest version. I purchased Socrates quite some time back.
    How do I download the latest version? When I log in, there's a blog post that talks about it, but I see no link to download it, etc. What's the procedure? Would appreciate your help on this. Thank you!

Scroll up and click on members area. There is a download page there and you can also find your activation code.

Greetings Dan

I purchased scratestheme have a domain name from godaddy.
    I would like to know how I can have access to control panel in order to install Wordpress.

Thank you for your guide

To access your cpanel its www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel

Then use the username and password given to by your hosting company.

Once in cpanel use fantasico to install wordpress. THere are videos in the members area that show all of this.

Smile Using Cpanel to install WordPress

You said you have a domain name, but you didn't make it clear whether you already have a hosting account. In order to install WordPress easily, and with only a couple clicks, you need to have hosting on a server that has Fantastico Delux.
    Once you do, scroll down your Cpanel until you find the Fantastico Delux icon. Click on it and then look in the menu on the left side until you find WordPress.Click on WordPress and then choose the option to install it. You'll be prompted to create a user name and password. After that you'll have created your WordPress blog. Once you install WordPress, you'll need to login to your new WordPress blog administration panel in order to upload your Socrates Theme. To do this, enter yourdomain-com/wp-admin/ into your browser and enter the user name and password you created when you uploaded WordPress from Fantastico. Once in, look down the left hand side of your admin for Appearance, Click the drop-down arrow and then click on Themes. You'll have two tabs at the top, "Manage Themes" and "Install Themes". Click on Install Themes and then click on the "Upload" option directly under the Manage Theme tab. Next, click Upload file and upload the Socrates Theme form your desktop. Once uploaded, be sure to click the Install button and then the Activate button once installed. That should do it. and if you need a good hosting service that has Cpanel and Fantastico, then I recommend http://www.MattieBlazeHosting.com or http://www.HostGator.com. These are my affiliate links, but I use them both, and they are both really good for Marketing. Once you have hosting setup, you'll need to enter the Name Servers from your hosting account into your GoDaddy (affiliate link) account for your Domain. Well hopefully this will help. Good luck!
    Last edited by Jeramy1979; 02-05-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Full Disclosure