Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default My top 5 requests

I see there is a new Socrates version coming out in a few days! I know that it is including drop-down menus so I will leave this off the list.

1. I am really into making money from AdSense and I have found that I need more customization when it comes to the 728 x 90 leaderboard. I would like to be able to show an AdSense ad on some posts, but not all. I am trying to control my AdSense click through rate and impressions. It is pointless me having this ad showing on a post that will bring down my stats. If there was a section where you could add the AdSense 728 x 90 add in and have a backup add that is used when you say you do not want to show AdSense on that particular post. Now that is customization.

2. I think the social buttons flashing by is annoying and there should be some new smaller buttons made to fit into that space. all the buttons together so they know that that is the social joining area. Then they could slowly rotate to show an opt in box or something else.

3. The other problem I am having with the Socrates theme is that I would like to show excerpts on the front page and maybe a feature post. I would also like to show different sections, categories with new posts, and so on. I was thinking of getting a page template made for myself but I am now waiting to see what the new version brings.

4. I see other people have mentioned the sidebars, and I also think that we need more options there. There is no option to put two sidebars together on one side or a 300 why sidebar joining on the same page with two smaller ones underneath.

5. In the styling section in the Socrates dashboard, I would like to see options for changing your heading fonts and sizes and your text for posts etc and link styles such as Bold, underline..

I know this is a lot of work and I am not complaining about the Socrates theme, but I just wanted to see it be the best!

1. Can you elaborate on the leaderboard customization you require? You already can disable adsense option with Socrates. You can disable ads on a per post basis in the post editor. There's a checkbox on every post.

2. You can achieve this with the custom html function, but I agree we could use another option.

3. This can be done using a featured post plugin, or creating "sticky posts". You create excerpts using the "more tag". That is the best way to manage excerpts directly from the post editor.

4. Double sidebars will be in a future update.

5. Do you mean the actual content fonts and not the header fonts? You can control the header title fonts, size and color on the header tab.

The post content is all controlled by wordpress in the post editor. Click on the far right icon with 3 rows of tiny squares. This opens up your options to do underlining, bold, size etc.

1. The leaderboard still shows up and this "disable in post add" only stops the ad inside the post. The leaderboard is either there on every post or not...There is no in between. You can only disable it on a page. But I do not want to disable it, I want to use a backup ad instead to reduce impressions on pages that are not worth it.

2. I can do this myself but it would be so cool for some more options in Socrates.

3. Yeah I have tried the more tag...Its ok but messy. Can you tell me how to add in thumbnail pictures with this?

4. Cool.

5. Not sure where that option is? I thought you would have to edit the css file to make bold links and so on. Can't find...
    The post content is all controlled by wordpress in the post editor. Click on the far right icon with 3 rows of tiny squares. This opens up your options to do underlining, bold, size etc.

1. I'm sorry we won't be adding a per post option for the leaderboard ad.

As far as the in post ads, just can add the code via the html tab of the posts you want unique ads on, I have never heard of anyone wanting to reduce impressions, so I'm not familiar with this strategy.

3. I don't know how the more tag is messy. You place it exactly where you want which makes it more functional then using excerpts.

Adding thumbnail pictures is part of Wordpress core functionality. Here's a tutorial on it. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/...-in-wordpress/ We are looking into better integration though.

5. It's the kitchen sink tool. Just click the icon with 3 rows of small squares in it.

oh thanks...I was actually asking about changing the entire website at the same time..not just one post or page. So if you wanted to make all your links on your website bold or underlined(like text decoration).

With the thumbnails attached to the posts...do you know of anyone that has done this? I wouldn't mind seeing an example..

I do not, I'm sure we have some members doing it, but I personally don't bother with them.

In my opinion, they are time consuming, use up page real estate, don't work well with ads and visitors don't need them.