Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Question Cannot install Socrates..

Hello,

I'm almost spending 3 hours trying to install a theme which is supposed be installed in mns / seconds - I tried the both ways Unzip/FtpZilla but some directories as "headers.." etc are empty - so I deleted, redownloaded, tried to upload through dashboard several times - sometimes it takes up to 20 mn to upload then only a part of the package is installed, sometimes It says "unpacking the package" but nothing happens etc - I read the posts here about such issues and for you, it is always because of the user, the browser, or something else but never because of you

For info

1 / I use Mozilla Firefox
    2 / The last Wordpress 3.1
    3 / All plugins deactivated
    4 / Concerned Chmods set to 777..

Despite all of this it stil does not work. Sorry to say that, but if many users as I see here have problem to install, may be the problem is not.. from them ? I just say may be, if I forgot to do something I apologize for misunderstood and hope some help from you Thx for attention,

dotips

PS: Now after 27 mn loading I got " Unpacking the packages" then "Installing theme" (but page stopped to load anymore so I checked "themes" and got = "The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template - Stylesheet is missing" - So I checked in FtpZilla what's there - under /wp-content/themes/socrates are only one directory (background-images) and 3 files which are 404.php, archive.php, author.php

Any issue ? thx for your time and support plz
    Last edited by dotips; 02-25-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Update

What you are describing usually means you have run out of disk space.

Can you check via Cpanel how much available space you have?

If you're out of space, delete unnecessary files to free up some space, then delete the Socrates folder via FTP and retry to upload via dashboard.

I'm not seeing the many users you reference.. We have over 22,000 installs of Socrates. It's now installed over 200 times per day.

This problem is exceedingly rare. If I have been accusatory toward members having difficulty I apologize.

Lightbulb May be hosting ?

Hi Dan,

Thx for your prompt reply - with my hosting plan I got unlimited disk space and builded the blog 3 days ago so not so much files - (Note: for each re-trying I deleted socrates from the Ftp of course then repeated upload through dashboard

.. But in the meanwhile I did some research and the problem might be simply from my hosting provider. Now I just suscribed to Hostgator to try them so may be it will run better with them. I let u know the result asap ;-) Sorry if It looked like I accuse u or something just some frustration after 3/4 hours retries

Hostgator's the best, if you need more assistance let me know.

Thumbs up Works fine :)

Hi dan, Hi everyone

As promise Im back to u - it works fine - You're right Hostgator is far the best. Thx for your patience

PS: I was hosted with Hosting24 before, which I don't recomend

Cheers

dotips