Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Latest Version Upgrade Doesn't Make Sense

I have 2.0 beta on my sites and 2.02 beta is available but don't want that so the latest Version 1.2.1 Current Release

Shouldn't there be a 2.01 instead of 1.2.1

Also, do I just install it from the .Zip file in Wordpress admin panel like the first time?

Glenn,

Version 2.x is still in Beta while version 1.2.1 is the latest Released version. Version 2.01 was also a Beta. While 2.x is not fully released and there are still a few bugs being worked out, It is still far more capable than the older 1.2.1 version. My recommendation is to give the latest beta version a try.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Default how do you get to new sales page, etc?

I have just installed the beta version on a new blog. The splashpage says to find the new templates in Pages. When I click on Pages>Add New, there is a box that has all the descriptions and boxes to select but it only stays visible about 30 seconds then flashes off- have not even been able to read it through! can't find where to get it to reappear to select new templates. I'm in FF browser whatever this week's upgrade version was.

Elizabeth, I've never heard of flashing issue before with the page editor. All I can imagine is a caching issue of some sort. You might try deleting your browser cache and rebooting.

They'll be tutorials for sales and squeeze pages when we fully release Version 2.0.. we're still improving them in the betas.

Thanks, Dan,
    I was so distracted by the flashing screen I didn't take the time to really LOOK at the screen once it stopped flashing. I went back and found the dropdown on the right (duh-uh) and found the templates so will try working with them now. I had previously disabled the WP Super Cache. With the Socrates Theme do you keep it disabled always?

Elizabeth,

Once you have your site setup you should activate it again to improve the performance of your site.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Thanks Lynn!