Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Angry Site not working with the wishlist member login widget; everything has gone haywire

I am in the process of setting up a new wordpress blog, using the Socrates template [http://marketingforaccountingfirms.com] and the wishlist membership widget. I just don't know whether I have a 'wishlist' or a 'socrates' problem but whichever its serious.

What has happened is I have installed Socrates and the wishlist widget, both seemingly okay, but thereupon when using wishlist to install a login box for new members in the right hand side bar everything went haywire; which you can see by visiting the site

After inserting up the wishlist member login widget in the right hand side bar when I went to look at the page:

1. all the sidebar contents were now underneath the home page posts;
    2. nothing was in the right hand side bar where the login was being placed and the login boxes were not there;
    3. the 1st blog post was pushed up too high; and
    3. the advertising board which normally is above the posts had disappeared.

Take a look at the site; there's almost nothing on the site at the moment except my start at setting up the various pages to be used when using the Wishlist membership site facility and a couple of sample posts.

Please note. Strangely when you click on the 'about us' link and go to the page, [it's a page where I've not yet put up anything] the blog looks okay again; albeit the wishlist login info is not presented as it should be.

What on earth has happened? Any ideas?http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/i...cons/icon8.gif

Stephen Kember

We cover this in a lot of threads, and it's a simple html issue and not related to Socrates or wishlist.

You can locate it by opening each post to see where you misformatted the code.

It's the result of an unclosed tag, usually an <a> tag or <script> tag, or an extra <div> tag.

Check both of your posts for extra divs or unclosed tags.

You've also got h1 tags for your 2nd post which I have no idea how you coded to get that to appear as h1 in 2nd post and h1 in first.

Default Stephen Kember

Thanks for that; its sorted. It turned out that there was a problem with an H" tag but why I don't know the coding looked okay but when it was removed all was well. Strangely the problem only appeared on the Home page. When both the two posts were seen in isolation, i.e. on their own page, all was well.

But I am still confused by your message about H1 tags. Are you saying that one cannot have an H1 tag for each post? And regarding the coding I am simply coding using<H1> and</H1> tags.

Any advice

Thanks again

Stephen

You can have h1 for each post, but not in index.php which displays a listing of your posts. If you displayed 10 posts on your main page that would be 10 H1's plus the H1 in your site title.

The problem only appeared on home page, because single.php wasn't affected.

In 2.2 we solve all the h1/h2 questions issues with a built in switch for them.

Hey Dan

I too have just installed Wishlist 2.6 and nearing the completion of my site that you have helped me with so much in the past. The latest Socrates is installed. When I activate Wishlist a lot of funky stuff goes on.

There are three images I have that I would appreciate you could check to see the before and after effect. Hope it's a simple fix like the one you talk about in this thread.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48515531/Wishlist%201.gif

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48515531/Wishlist%202.gif

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48515531/Wishlist%203.gif

Here's the URL where my coders are finishing the site off:

B
    Brad
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Primary Wordpress sites using Socrates:
    www.primalhealth.co
    www.bradrasmus.com
    www.healthprowebsites.com

Just use Firebug.. and you'll most likely see where Wishlist CSS if overriding the site.. then adjust the wishlist css accordingly.