Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default custom text color

I will be using this color to (#ff4500) for certain portions of text and need a quicker way to apply it than the kitchen sink dropdown text color -more then entering the code. I could manually enter the color in the html editor, but there should be an easier way.

Is it possible for me to replace one of the default colors in the dropdown font color menu with mine?

I tried several plugins like Fckeditor but they are not very user-friendly for creating new styles. I tried modifying the h3 header in style.css but could not eliminate the line feed to keep my block of text continuous.

Can you show me how to create some sort of shortcut?

I thought I could us Wordpress without learning the finer points of css.

Thanks.

This is really more wordpress related than Socrates.

When you use the color picker tool you can set any custom color via the hex code. It takes 3 seconds per text to change the hex code.

If you were to change via HTML it would take 5-6 seconds per text.

If you were to use the paragraph drop down menu it would take 1-2 seconds if you had a custom font using an h4 tag for example.

Are you talking about changing 1000's of bits of text or 100's? I've seen people spend hours trying to find a shortcut for something that would take them 30 minutes of work total.

Let's say you need to do this 600 times.. best case scenario you find a shortcut that saves you 1 second each time. So that's 600 seconds or 10 minutes total saved.

I've spent 5 minutes posting this and you spent 5 minutes posting your question.

My advice. Just use the color code as intended. It will be faster in long run.

If it was me... I'd just use the <h6> tag to surround the text you want to color, and then style it using CSS. The h6 tag is rarely used, plug, then you'll be able to change the color to anything you want later down the road. You'd have to set display:inline in order for it to appear inline with the other text around it.
    Lead Developer:
    Socrates
    WPUnite.com Write.Manage.Control

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    This is really more wordpress related than Socrates.

When you use the color picker tool you can set any custom color via the hex code. It takes 3 seconds per text to change the hex code.

I didn't realize that after entering a code in the color picker, it remains for future uses. I thought I would have to key in the color code each time.

Thanks.