Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All in One SEO Pack - WP plugin

Does anyone know if the WP plugin "All in One SEO Pack" duplicates some or all of the Socrates functions. I have previously had this plugin running and still wonder if I really need it now that I'm running Socrates. Any input on this subject would be helpful.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...-one-seo-pack/

Socrates will allow you to set the title, description and keywords as a site-wide default. If you want to set the three of them on a per-post basis then the plug-in is the way to go.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

I've got the all in one SEO pack because I heard it talked about in the Socrates tutorials. I have it enabled but have no idea what it's doing for me if anything. From you answer above, it appears I don't really need this plugin/addon while using Socrates. Is that correct? Does that mean I can just uninstall and not worry about it?

I believe what Lynn is saying is Socrates provides title, description and keywords site wide. If you wanted to target different keywords for different posts, then you should use the plugin.

Thanks. Not sure what I want to target ... SEO is black magic to me. I'll have to get smarter in that area. I guess next question is ... how? I thought there would be some instructional SEO videos/tutorials on the Socrates site, but I haven't seen any. Seems to me I heard in one of the videos they were coming out with an SEO tutorial ... true?

I think Dan is working on a coaching program which will include SEO. If you got some money you can try SEO Pressor, it scores you post's SEO. You can see it in action here www.facebook.com/seopressor

Thanks again!

Default All in one SEO vs Socrates

Is that the only benefit to using all in one SEO plugin as opposed to whats offered with Socrates. If i'm reading the replies correctly Socrotes is for the entire site where the all in One SEO plug-in is on a page per page basis. If my site has an over all relative theme. would it not benefit me to just forget about the all in one seo plugin. I went to wp forum, and there are still posts from over a month ago that were waiting to be approved. Not much help over there...

The Socrates solution is a quick solution for setting up a one page or small site.

The All in One SEO pack is for the entire site and has much more functionality.

That's why we recommend the All In One SEO Pack

Dan,

I am using the SEO plugin from Yoast, and was just wondering if you have seen or heard of any issues with this plugin. I have used it in the past with some success, but wanted to see your take on it.