Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Thread: header question

Default header question

I have a theme I like (because of the header). However, I want to use the navigation functionality of Socrates. Is I install Socrates, is there some way to preserve the header and the background? (I think the sides are called the background) Thanks, Kacy
    see: www.elizabethtowncaraccidentlawyer.com

You just have to manually download and then upload them to the header uploader, and background uploader.

Not quite sure how the background will work..but I edited the header for you and it's attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default the header worked-thx

I uploaded the background 4 times, without success. Changed from .png to a .gif (wan't sure a jpeg would work). It looked right in my folder and I could not get it to upload to Socrates. Only the left side showed as black. And nothing came up in the preview box at the top. Then I tried to delete them from the selections and could not. Right click did not give a delete option. Is there a size limit for a background? 1020x617 is what shows. Any ideas on what I can do to make it transfer in? I found the html code if I can do something with that. Thanks for your advice.

You need to select it from the background images. It won't show instantly in the preview box.. It gets stored in the background directory.

You then need to select it.

I doubt the image will work well with Socrates. Just because it's custom designed for the other site.

My advice would be to upload it via your wordpress media folder and then use custom css to center it.

You can actually locate the body background CSS from your old site and paste it right in the custom css box in Socrates Styling..

The image might need to be tweaked to look right.