Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Image-Problem: I want the background-attachment: fixed

...and canīt find elsewhere, where the script get this informations:

background-attachment: scroll;
    background-clip: border-box;
    background-color: #CBCF9D;
    background-image: url("http://feha-wiesenblick.de/wp-content/themes/socrates/background-images/bg.jpg");
    background-origin: padding-box;
    background-position: 0 0;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: auto auto;

WHERE GET SOCRATES ALL THESE INFOS TO PUT IN THE CSS? And why canīt I find these declarations in the css-File?!
    I mean: if I tick my background-Image to no-repeat, yes...? What should be displayed under the image than, if scrolling is always on?
    Why canīt I choose the option: if the bg-image is ticked with no-repeat, than fixed the background or not, it it necessary.
    Furthermore: i want to know how i can fixed this issue on my own. I canīt find anything, (functions.php, style.css) to solve this problem, because all important things like CSS isnīt really comprehensible.
    Thanks very much for help!
    Last edited by Dan Nickerson; 05-18-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: edited for language

There's no need for the vulgar language or to ask the same question multiple times in post.

If you use that language again, you'll be banned from the forum.

The code is built into the header.php

However, all you have to do is add this to your custom styling box in

Socrates > Styling

body
    {
    background-attachment:fixed;
    }
    You're the first person to ever ask about a fixed background, but I'm sure others will want to know.

I'm going to edit some of your original post so it won't offend other users.

First: thanks very much!
    With the sentence under the "Custom CSS"-Box in Settings called:
    "We will no longer support customizing the Socrates theme files directly."...

...I dontīt try this!!!!
    ...itīs very confusing.

And on the subject of confusing:
    Damn, I spent much money for this theme! And as longer as i worked with this, i discover more and more problems, bugs and negative things like misspelling, outdated CSS-Code by checking my site with several analyse-tools, etc etc., that my used language in my posting before, so you called, was in my intention jokey!
    Here the results by checking at GTMetrix as an example the CSS-Code:
    "wp-content/themes/socrates/style.css,... has 18 very inefficient rules, 41 inefficient rules, and 25 potentially inefficient uses of :hover out of 339 total rules."
    For this section at Page Speed i get Grade F!???

I bought this theme, because i thougt, itīs one of the best optimized and SEO-friendly theme, as you have told me this! And now..more and more that i worked with it, I must determine thatīs over and over with bugs, isntīgood for SEO-Blogs, that isnīt jokey thats annoying! Thatīs all what I have to say.

If you were charged more than $77 please let us know.

We're half the price of our competitors so paying too much for our themes is not a complaint we've had before.

As far as the GT Metrix.. that's interesting.

There are many factors that determine SEO and those factors are very minimal. As we've only had positive feedback thus far, we assume that our customers are satisfied, but I will work on improving the CSS.

I'm not aware of any misspellings and if you can point to specific bugs or problems we will fix.

If you're not satisfied with the theme we have a 60 day refund policy.

Thanks very much for you quick replay!
    The support is really great. :-)

I know, that the CSS-Code tagged as "low" for PageSpeed and YSlow, but Iīm a perfectionist. And Grade F...I donīt like this result. :-) It would be very nice, if that could be fixed in an update or so.

So now about the bugs. Iīve got several problems.
    Please look at my blog first:
    http://feha-wiesenblick.de

First info:
    I use the cache-PlugIn W3 Supercache. But without this Cache-PlugIn the following issues are the same.
    Now the most important problem: please click at the right side any tagged-word in the tagcloud. The loading is crappy and if you get an result, the resultpage tagging-page looks damaged and not like a template-site?

Curious and an absolutly no-go:
    If i create a new Page, i can add images, could edit the url of the page etc. and all works fine.
    But, if I want to make a new post, I canīt do this!?? By clicking on the image-icon to add, a dark iframe comes up, but nothing more. I can only click the ESC to close this frame without functions.
    Itīs very annoying, because THIS is the main-point of blogging! To add images, specify the post-url etc. in articles.

For better understanding I post all my activatet PlugIns. I hope this informations could help you to find out, what happend with the courios problems I have:
    • Advanced Excerpt
      Akismet
      All in One Webmaster
      Calais Auto Tagger
      cbnet Ping Optimizer
      Conditional CAPTCHA fĻr Wordpress
      Contact Form 7
      getMovingJQuery
      Google Routeplaner
      Google XML Sitemaps
      Inline Posts
      jCarousel for WordPress
      JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel
      NextGEN Gallery
      Pingler
      Platinum SEO Pack
      Really Simple CAPTCHA
      Search Engine Keywords Related Posts Widget
      SimplePie Core
      Simple Tags
      W3 Total Cache
      WordPress Database Backup
      WordPress NextGen GalleryView
      WP Minify
      WP Robot 3 (complete)

If you discover here some PlugIns that are make problems with the theme or perhaps do unneccessary doubling effects, please tell me.
    I would be glad, if you can help me to fix the problems. :-)
    Best regards!

Now the most important problem: please click at the right side any tagged-word in the tagcloud. The loading is crappy and if you get an result, the resultpage tagging-page looks damaged and not like a template-site?
    You're using red hyperlinks so that's the main reason it looks bad, but it's just standard tag cloud functionality. It would look the same in any theme. This is Wordpress, not Socrates functionality.

There are tag cloud plugins that you can use to enhance a tag cloud.

Wp Cumulus is a popular tag cloud plugin.

Curious and an absolutly no-go:
    If i create a new Page, i can add images, could edit the url of the page etc. and all works fine.
    But, if I want to make a new post, I canīt do this!?? By clicking on the image-icon to add, a dark iframe comes up, but nothing more. I can only click the ESC to close this frame without functions.
    Itīs very annoying, because THIS is the main-point of blogging! To add images, specify the post-url etc. in articles.
    Does this problem happen with another theme? Please test with Twenty Ten theme.

Based on your plugins you're probably loading a lot of jqueries. Which might cause a conflict.

If the problem doesn't occur with the Twenty Ten theme..

You can try removing this code from the header.php file to see if it solves problem.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/scripts/myStuff.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/scripts/supersleight.plugin.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var J = jQuery.noConflict();
    J(document).ready(function() {J('body').supersleight();});
    </script>

Default Fixed Background & remove white background from body of pages and posts

I want to a fixed background also. Unfortunately I'm not seeing where to change the code in the header style sheet.

Using Socrates theme, I want to redesign the following web site that was created using the Twenty Eleven WordPress theme. Here is the site:
    http://prayerandpraisemagazine.com/

There are some better functionality with Socrates that I like. I understand this theme better. I like how it looks

I loaded a custom background for this site:
    http://www.gospelrappers.org/james/

I'm using this site as a test or practice before I buy another copy of Socrates for the Prayer and Praise web site.

The problem that I see with Socrates is although I have a custom background, the body background of Socrates (which is white) remains.

So I need to find out where and how to remove the white background in addition to making the background fixed.

Thanks

You control the background in Socrates > Background

You can select an image or choose a color.

You can also set colors in Socrates > Styling and there's a custom css box there where you can place
    the fixed background code above.

Thanks that worked fine.
    Now I want the area in which the custom background show up behind the text and not have the white background.

This might the bad way to do what I want but I discovered that I now longer have a standard white background of which the text appears by deleting the following files:
    bg-top.png
    bg-bottom-nologo.png
    bg-bottom.png
    bg-center.png

To get rid of the 2px horitzonal rule by deleting this line at the end of index.php
    <div class="line"></div>

Even though I deleted bg-bottom.png, on the home page which uses the no side bar template I believe that it's the bg-bottom.png shows up. http://www.gospelrappers.org.
    I want to get rid of that.

In order to see my custom background behind my text in Internet Explorer, I have to keep refreshing my cache when I go back to any page. Is that a IE bug.

Is there a better way to achieve what I want?

I like what I'm seeing so far in Safari and Firefox.

Just add this to custom css box in Socrates > Styling

.bottomBarNoLogo {
    background-image: none;
    }

You might try deleting all your IE cache, I've never heard of this issue with IE. Can only assume you've got a cached version that keeps loading up. I haven't used IE in almost a decade so not sure what else it could be.