Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Option to remove page titles and post titles

I already asked a question about this in another thread but I guess I'll make an official request here.

Have the ability on the back end with just a click or two to REMOVE post titles and page titles from the content part of the page.

Dan helped me out by removing some code on the single POST page but the PAGE titles are still not removable.

As an example: A site of mine (makes no sales so don't get into this niche! LOL. Just joking. No really stay away from this!)

http://singmajigs.com

If you go to the home page you will see the title of the page SingAMaJigs in black. Then you will see the H1 I like to use and they are very close to each other. Looks a bit odd. By having the ability to EASILY remove the Page titles this would just look cleaner and better.

Not a huge deal...but something that makes the page look better.

UPDATE!!!! - While writing this post I thought I figured out a way to remove the PAGE title manually without having to touch any code. Well it worked but took a few steps. Thanks to the flexibility of Socrates with the menus and navigation I can get the page title out of the page.

But it would be easier if there was just an option to click a box and the pages titles would be no more.

Some of you may have figured out already how to set up the pages without PAGE titles, but I just figured it out.

So Dan, can ya at least take a serious look at this option. I would love you forever!

Thanks,

Todd

I've already sent the fix for this, so within a couple minutes work a custom template can be made.

http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/s...2&postcount=13

As I mentioned if we get more demand it's something we'd consider, but for now a quick fix is a custom template.

Hey Todd,

Trying to do the same thing as you did on Singmajigs (remove page title). Was curious if your process was different from what Dan wrote or if you went ahead and did as he suggested?

Thanks,
    Tom

Default Archive Files

Quote Originally Posted by BOMent View Post
    Hey Todd,

Trying to do the same thing as you did on Singmajigs (remove page title). Was curious if your process was different from what Dan wrote or if you went ahead and did as he suggested?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Hi,

I am totally new and don't even know how to do this, but I have been having trouble on the download page for days, it doesn't recognize my e-mail address.

Howeve, my problem is that I cannot remove "Archive and Date from in front of my Article.

Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Don

For those of us that aren't really comfortable with FTP and HTML
    A custom template would be lovely.

I am using my sites more and more for products than blogging.

The Duplicated header just isn't sexy.

Since most of these post are in 2010 & 2011, wondering if there was a template made that I haven't found?

Or do I really have to learn something really techy to get the look I want?
    Or can I hire someone who is familiar with Socrates and my Host NetFirms? to help me out?

Jula

"I've already sent the fix for this, so within a couple minutes work a custom template can be made.
    As I mentioned if we get more demand it's something we'd consider, but for now a quick fix is a custom template."

Can you perhaps start a new thread with an explanation of what you're trying to do?

We added a new "no page title template" to Socrates in 3.0, which is why there have been no new posts on it.