Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

[THis is most frustrating forium site i ever seen.
    It took me over 30 minutes to search and find " HOW TO POST A new message.
    i look all around the pages and i couldn,t find a icon or link as saying
    " new post here " or add you post here ".
    my advise to admin is, just follow the basic need of members and make site more friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Did you click the box above with the big letters that says, "WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST" ?

Arya,

You've already made 8 posts dating back to early August. Wouldn't that have been the time to state that you had trouble making a post?

If it took you 30 minutes to make your 8th post, how long did it take to make your first on our unchanged forum?

You state this is the most frustrating forum site you've seen, that would indicate that you have been on other forums. We are using the default install of Vbulletin, the most popular forum software online.

Unlike other forums we actually have a video tutorial to show you how to use it. In the very first post on this thread we tell exactly how to do it.

To ask/post a question, click into most appropriate forum category and click "New Thread".
    In your 30 minutes of looking around, you could have played the video, you could have clicked the "please read first" link at top of page. You could have clicked the "FAQ" link in navbar and read the very first thread.

Regardless the "new thread" buttons at the top and bottom of every forum category would seem to be the first place one would click.

I'm not sure where the hostility is coming from on your 8th post. Perhaps you're a Jets fan, but I can assure you we look after the basic needs of our members more so than any forum I've ever seen.

Default Forum Quality

I know how frustrating forums can be, and Dan I just want to let you know that I have found this forum to be by far the easiest and most responsive forum that I've ever been on. Please keep up the FANTASTIC work!

J-E-T-S jets jets jets, wait, what?

Colts are about done too...8(

Obviously being from Maine, I'm a New England Fan..

The last game I attended was the last time we lost at Gillette.. To the Jets in 2006.

Colts and Pats are usually a good game. This years game was pretty good, nice and close. Colts just don't have it this year. Not out of it yet, I think a game back of Jacksonville, but not contenders.

BUT more importantly..... Adrian Gonzalez new Sox 1B!!!!
    Last edited by EHiatt121; 12-07-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Default The Travails of Disabling Super Cache

Sunday, January 9th, 2011 at 12:03am Yokohama, Japan

So, as I make my way thru the teething problems of installing Socrates on WP for the first time I note that I am supposed to disable Super Cache plugin.

I have tried to do this but I get this message: UNINSTALL_WPSUPERCACHE must be set to a non-blank value in uninstall.php.

I don't recall a message about disabling Super Cache Plugin highlighted in Bold in my Socrates welcoming email. Anyway, any help on how to actually accomplish your request much appreciated.

I am looking forward in anticipation to actually seeing Socrates installed.

MW
    Last edited by mindposeidon; 01-08-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: clarifiying which message I was talking about

Disabling WP Super Cache is not required to install, but we find that many users don't realize that they can't see design changes if it's installed.

I don't know why you would have seen a message about it in your welcome email, and I can assure you it's not there. There's certainly no reason to notify 100% of our users about a potential issue when it only affects a few percent.

And there is nothing stopping you from seeing Socrates installed because of WP Super Cache.

However, it's at the top of our support forum because before it was posted there we had multiple posts per day that were related to it's function.

Another option to uninstalling is to change the plugin's settings so that it's disabled for logged in users. So that would be my advice to you.

Goto the Wp Super Cache settings and look for option to disable for known users, loggedin users etc.

Default WP Super Cache suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by mindposeidon View Post
    Sunday, January 9th, 2011 at 12:03am Yokohama, Japan

So, as I make my way thru the teething problems of installing Socrates on WP for the first time I note that I am supposed to disable Super Cache plugin.

I have tried to do this but I get this message: UNINSTALL_WPSUPERCACHE must be set to a non-blank value in uninstall.php.

MW
    Did you try just deactivating WPSupercache in the WP Plugins area? I deleted mine from this menu, but I know other people temporarily deactivate it and then reactivate it after they have finished building their site.

Hope that helps.