Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Thread: Photo slider

Default Photo slider

Hi I would like to try and use a photo slider one of the word press plugins is there one that is better or one someone has good success with.

search our forum for... featured content slider.

Default OK Dan

I think I found the spot to place the code I will let you know if it does the trick.
    Thank You
    I have inserted the code in the template in Index.php but it does not seem to be showing any space for the slider but I may not have the first two posts set right in the featured content set up.
    The url is www.golfswinganalyzer1.com
    I will double check the instructions I have for loading content to the slide and try that
    Last edited by mack45; 07-27-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Default Ok i did get it

It did not work but I inserted in the code the plugin creator gave in the spot you said and that did.
    The other problem is the change has some how kicked out my header. and when I reload it it is the wrong size . I think I can fix this either by recreating the header or going into cpanel and deleting the one that is the wrong size. I am not sure why the change corrupted the header but it could easy be a code issue. I can create header images easy if any one is looking for that service. I can create the header with any photo you want that fits in the size.
    Last edited by mack45; 07-27-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mack45 View Post
    It did not work but I inserted in the code the plugin creator gave in the spot you said and that did.
    The other problem is the change has some how kicked out my header. and when I reload it it is the wrong size . I think I can fix this either by recreating the header or going into cpanel and deleting the one that is the wrong size. I am not sure why the change corrupted the header but it could easy be a code issue. I can create header images easy if any one is looking for that service. I can create the header with any photo you want that fits in the size.
    I have it all working I would have not found the right spot to insert the code in the index php with out your help it was not quite as you suggested but it put me onto trying what did work and all things are not equal doing this stuff it could just be the latest version of wp or the newest version of Socrates.
    It takes very little to corrupt a product or header.
    Three years ago I could not even spell header or enough words to get a search engine to function and with products like this I have many website most with Socrates . This one www.golfswinganalyzer1.com I built the header and the slider myself only problem is the slider jpg is a little short for the space I may just remake the slider jpg to fit . Thanks a lot Dan, I for one really do like the support we get here at Socrates forum.

Check the plugin css file...

http://www.golfswinganalyzer1.com/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/css/jd.gallery.css.php

look for...

#myGallery, #myGallerySet, #flickrGallery {
    width: 580px;
    You can probably increase it there.

Default Thanks Dan again

I can change it easy enough I will have to try some times it distorts the photo to much to just change it like that but they are not hard to make .

I will get it I am just glad I have the hard part done and that was getting the slider spot set in the theme and functional .\

I have a pdf on loading the content and links using featured content on the dashboard that goes Ok on a good day.