Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Help Adding Page in Menu Bar

I need help adding a page in the menu bar of Socrates. I've added a page for articles that links to all the articles that I've published. I can see the page, but cannot get it to appear in the top navigation bar no matter what I do. Since I also want to add a page for the privacy policy and affiliate disclosure, I need to learn how to do this. I managed to add a few pages in the past that are in the menu bar, but can't seem to figure out how to do this now.

Also, the adsense ads on my site along with the captions under photos get squashhed somewhat. What do I need to change to make captions under photos and adsense ads appear correctly?

My site is: longdistancerelationshipsthatlast.com

Thank you in advance for your help.

Our navigation panels are at:

Socrates > Navigation

You need to open that panel and add to the primary nav panel. (the top nav panel is above the header)

Can you share an example link where it's squashed, and how are you putting captions under adsense ads?

Default Adding page in menu bar

Hi Dan,

Thanks. I'll try that.

Re: the other issue: captions under photos are getting squashed if they are longer than one line. For instance on the home page, look at the caption on the photo of the computer keyboard with the Love key ... see how the second line is squashed into the first.

I don't have captions under the Google Adsense ads - but text ads often get cut off on the right margin or bottom margin as if there's not enough space allotted for the entire ads. Banner ads seem to appear fine. Any idea how to adjust this? I can't seem to find an example of 336 x 280 text ad at the moment. Every page that I've clicked on my site is now showing a banner ad instead of text ad in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Our navigation panels are at:

Socrates > Navigation

You need to open that panel and add to the primary nav panel. (the top nav panel is above the header)

Can you share an example link where it's squashed, and how are you putting captions under adsense ads?

The issue may have to do with lack of spacing between graphic elements and text. For instance on this page: http://www.longdistancerelationships...onship-advice/
    you can see that the text runs right up against my photo. Not sure how to adjust this with adsense ads, but with regard to the graphics, if you told me how I could adjust this sitewide, so there is some spacing and also enough space below a photo so I can add a two line caption if I want.

Thanks for the help with adding pages. Just couldn't seem to find the right place to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lauraram View Post
    Hi Dan,

Thanks. I'll try that.

Re: the other issue: captions under photos are getting squashed if they are longer than one line. For instance on the home page, look at the caption on the photo of the computer keyboard with the Love key ... see how the second line is squashed into the first.

I don't have captions under the Google Adsense ads - but text ads often get cut off on the right margin or bottom margin as if there's not enough space allotted for the entire ads. Banner ads seem to appear fine. Any idea how to adjust this? I can't seem to find an example of 336 x 280 text ad at the moment. Every page that I've clicked on my site is now showing a banner ad instead of text ad in that spot.