Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Inserting Adsense in Posts

How should I add Adsense blocks to a post? When I insert Adsense code into a post with the html tab it does not display. It shows only as blank lines.

Socrates has the leaderboard as well as two in post positions that you can setup in the Socrates layout page. Your best bet is to put the code block in there. That way you don't need to manually insert them in each post. The leaderboard also can convert better since Adsense will put up the nicer graphical ads there much of the time.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

If you are using version 2.0 or higher in the layout section of Socrates, there is a spot for adsense blocks in the post. Your text will wrap nicely around the content. Much easier than any adsense plugin, in my opinion.

Recommended to use 336x280 or 300x250 blocks. The ads will appear within the body of your posts. Leave a box blank to disable the ad.

Thanks for your help, Lyn and Eric.

I don't have the latest version of Socrates. Where can I find what version I have?

I would like to upgrade. Have the bugs been addressed in 2.0 beta?

Peggy

There are still a few header related bugs in the Beta that is posted. It can be addressed by tweaking some PHP code. At this point if you're not in a hurry, I would wait until tomorrow. Dan has posted that the final version of 2.0 will be released sometime tomorrow.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

I believe the full release of version 2.0 is going to be tomorrow, so I assume the bugs have been worked out. I would go HERE and see if you have the latest version and you can download from there.

Default Adsense Not Appearing

I am running the latest version of Socrates. I inserted the Adsense code in the suggested block, but my ads are not appearing. Is there something I need to do with Widgets?

Sometimes it may take Google some time to see your content and place relevant ads in those spots. Are you seeing just a blank box where the ads will appear?

Google Ads just started to work. I had my main topic as a page rather than a post and my privacy, terms & conditions, etc. as posts. Switched these around based on another thread in the forum with my main topic as a post, it works like a champ.

Thank you for your help.