We are pleased to announce that we've released Version 2.03.
This is an Official release and we recommend our customers upgrade their installs to 2.03.
Some of this fixes we've made between 1.2 and 2.02 Beta...
- Added a "Skinny Sales Page" similar to the one at socratestheme.com. You can customize it in css/skinnysalespage.css and salespage2.php
- Fixed issue with optional blog header turning on/off on old style sales page (issue only with Wordpress 3.0).
- Fixed header selection on web hosts running PHP4.
- Checkbox to disable in post ads on a per post basis.
- Removed reliance on divHeight(), should fix any remaining plugin/overlay/page height issues.
- Added nofollow/noindex option to page templates.
- Checkbox to selectively show left and right footer nav on all page templates.
- Added ability to pick a background color for the header (instead of an image).
- The about and home links are no longer automatically added back to the main nav when removed.
- Fixed an issue with the div tags on the index page that would sometimes cause the style to appear different on individual posts than it would on the index page.
We will be releasing more sales page and squeeze page templates in the coming weeks. They have some good basic functionality but we'll continue to improve them and you will be able to simply upload new templates via FTP to your Socrates directory in order to use them.
You can download Version 2.03 Final Here.
If you would like to upgrade your current install here’s how to do it.
- Save any custom css, headers or backgrounds to your desktop
- Download Version 2.03 Zip from Downloads page.
- Open your domain’s Wordpress dashboard
- Goto Appearance > Themes and activate another theme... “default” is fine.
- Once Socrates is inactive “delete it” (you won’t lose settings)
- Goto Appearance > Add New Themes then click “upload”
- Locate Zip file on hard drive and upload
- Activate Socrates 2.03
- Update any new fields you find in layout
- Check your headers and reupload any custom header or backgrounds
That’s it. Can take 10 seconds if you’ve done this before.