Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In FF, Safari and IE I see your wordpress login page. I don't have Chrome on the computer I'm using right now.

Delete your cache, reload or reboot your computer..

It's really working fine.

Thanks Dan, it worked for me!

king2

One more thing, Dan.. the header gets underlined (as a link) when i hover the cursor over it (in the browser)? how can i sort this out?
    thanks!

The link is important as users expect to be able to click header titles and images.

Are you saying you want to remove link or remove the underline?

It can be done in the header.php file.

Thanks, Dan. I just want to remove the underline... I am looking at the codes, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to html!

king2

Adding a line in the header section of style.css as shown below should do it.
    .im-header a:hover { text-decoration:none;}
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Default Active Theme broken

Just had a weird thing happen to me. Had installed 2.03 under Wp3 and was emailing with Dan when I logged out of chrome, went into firefox and tried to log into my site again. When I put in username and correct password, the next thing I got was a blank page.

After trying several things, I was forced to go into wp-content and delete the socrates folder. when i came back to wp3 and logged in, all worked fine. except here's this banner stating that the active theme is broken, reverting to default theme.

anyone else seen this one? also guys on your socratestheme.com/downloads page you're missing your header image. Am using google chrome latest version on a mac and it's working fine with everything else.

Am holding off on upgrading my active blog as I have several years worth of info I don't want to be losing.

Thanks,

Mike

** Quick update here: just tried updating the skinny sales page, when i clicked update after checking to show right footer navigation, the page dashboard in wp3 went blank and i had to delete the theme. This is on a site hosted with powweb. Am going to resort to a php page in dreamweaver for now.
    Last edited by murdockme; 07-01-2010 at 07:23 PM.

You had mentioned FTP the update in and I believe that could be causing some of the conflicts.

If you can completely delete the Socrates theme via FTP and then reinstall via WP Dashboard I bet it will solve issues.

Default thanks, but...

I did try that as well. tried to ftp it in, had the problem. removed it completely, went in and used the upload function, got the same result. finally deleted the entire wp install on that particular site.

Will road test this on a fresh install in another site that am not using in an active project and see what happens.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I just uploaded the new zip.

Haven't even read about the bug yet, just fixed it.
    I'm using version 2.03 and the problem still exists. Just made a post about it.
    Garry Dufresne