Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

View Poll Results: What do you think of idea to remove Soc Navigation in lieu of only 3.0 menu support?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love Socrates Navigation don't do it.

12 38.71%
  • I use 3.0 Menus already so that's fine

14 45.16%
  • I don't care either way

5 16.13%
  • It sucks, but I understand why you're doing it. I'll live.

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Version 3.0 has not been released yet.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'm pleased to announce that we've partnered with great new theme developer and will begin working on Socrates 3.0 shortly.

This will be a major update and will effect core functions. Meaning that upgrading could involve some extra setup with navigation and templates.

Some of the changes and new features you can expect to see.

• Much improved admin panel
    • Cleaner and faster code
    • Removal of Socrates Navigation system (3.0 Menus are now the norm) - See poll question
    • End of free trial option and current activation system
    • Improved container design, navigation bar and header area.
    • Magazine style template
    • Portfolio style template
    • Featured Post Slider support
    • Flexible width sidebars
    • and more..
    If you have some ideas for enhancements, fixes and new features for Socrates please reply to this thread.

I also posted a poll about Socrates navigation if you care to vote.
    And vote
    I won't vote because I don't know what it all means. So, I will go along with what is new and better as long as I can figure out how to install it when it is completed and it is not to technical. I guess what I mean to say is I lack confidence in my ability to handle new technical installations, although I am learning slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    I use version 2.2.1.5 but is there now a version 3? If so where can i download that?

Cause i only found this version and im only a couple months member
    Version 3 is in development . . . that's what this thread is about.
    Garry Dufresne

Smile Built in SEO analysis and affiliate cloak

It would be nice to have a built in seo analysis like seopressor and a affiliate link cloaker like ninja affiliate which would make this an awesome theme that has multiple function. Individuals like myself wouldn't need to buy extra plugins unless its absolutely necessary.

I am sure you seen Eppie Vojt's CTR Theme For Adsense theme which has some amazing features as well as the AuthorityPro theme both offer great addon.

Also I think if you can incorporate maybe a few form option from your instantform plugin would be cool.

I guess what I am trying to get at is over deliver on features and capabilities is what people would prefer. If we can get reasonable features in one theme we wouldn't need to buy extra plugin.

Really when I buy a theme I dont want to spend more money on additional plugins or what you can do is create a scalable theme that evolves over time to meet the user needs.

Since you are potentially offering a Magazine type layout, maybe consider 3 options of which to choose from as well as 3 News Theme options also.

That would allow some diversification rather than Users potentially looking elsewhere as I may be right now for a different project ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    I won't vote because I don't know what it all means. So, I will go along with what is new and better as long as I can figure out how to install it when it is completed and it is not to technical. I guess what I mean to say is I lack confidence in my ability to handle new technical installations, although I am learning slowly.
    Another stupid question from me. What's the difference between menu and navigation layout?

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Our target market is newbie niche site owners who need a quick and easy solution to get a site online fast. Pursuing this path has made us one of the most installed themes ever.

The goal of 3.0 is to clean up the design, coding, admin area and add a few additional templates.

We don't have any plans to try to incorporate complex plugin functionality or duplicate other themes. The more complex you make a theme the more you can alienate the target audience. This is true of almost any product and website. Simple is better.

Cary, menu and navigation are the same thing in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Another stupid question from me. What's the difference between menu and navigation layout?
    Thanks, that helps.

Cary

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Our target market is newbie niche site owners who need a quick and easy solution to get a site online fast. Pursuing this path has made us one of the most installed themes ever.

The goal of 3.0 is to clean up the design, coding, admin area and add a few additional templates.

We don't have any plans to try to incorporate complex plugin functionality or duplicate other themes. The more complex you make a theme the more you can alienate the target audience. This is true of almost any product and website. Simple is better.

Cary, menu and navigation are the same thing in this context.

This month is NOV 2011 ,,,, When we have to get the latest version ? Please I need it

The latest released version is always available on the Socrates download page.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated