Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

View Poll Results: What do you think of idea to remove Soc Navigation in lieu of only 3.0 menu support?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love Socrates Navigation don't do it.

12 38.71%
  • I use 3.0 Menus already so that's fine

14 45.16%
  • I don't care either way

5 16.13%
  • It sucks, but I understand why you're doing it. I'll live.

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBrown View Post
    It would be nice to have a built in seo analysis like seopressor and a affiliate link cloaker like ninja affiliate which would make this an awesome theme that has multiple function. Individuals like myself wouldn't need to buy extra plugins unless its absolutely necessary. . . .

Really when I buy a theme I dont want to spend more money on additional plugins or what you can do is create a scalable theme that evolves over time to meet the user needs.

My opinion is that there are certain features I would rather leave to a plug in. The trouble with incorporating features into the theme itself is that if and when you decide to change themes you lose that function.

SEO settings for example, I love them to stay in tact when I switch themes.

As far as SEO Pressor, it's a great plugin for what it does. Yoast's free WP SEO plugin actually incorporates some SEO analysis into it and does it in real time. SEO Pressor requires that you save or publish first.

And, my last 2 . . . Socrates is a great theme and only getting better. It was designed however to get functional great sites up easily and quickly. It excels at that. It's not meant to replace high end themes loaded with design features. Each has it's place.

While I have seen tweaks that were needed and perhaps added features to Socrates, I think Dan is doing a great job at improving the theme towards its original purpose. Simple, easy and great!

Garry Dufresne

Garry,

Thanks and that's a spot on answer.

Saheem,

It will be ready when ready.. I hope to release by the end of the month, but it's still in development and I have no hard date.

Remember, the most important thing about any website is its valuable, original content. That's all you need.

Now we are completed this month of NOV .. So we are still waiting new theme, and you said us that it will be early in NOV ,,,, So please urgent ,,, We need it to our website

Saheem,

I can assure you it is still November, and sometimes in development things are delayed. This is the case with Socrates 3.0. The developer was ill and it set us back.

You must help me understand why you are waiting for this release. This makes no sense to me. Why not just use 2.2.15? You can setup your website in 3 minutes.. and you'll be done.

When Socrates 3.0 comes out you can take another 3 minutes to upgrade.

I had said we were shooting for November, I never set a hard date for release as I know that development and testing is a very tricky thing. I'll be clear. Socrates 3.0 will not be released in November.

Is this is not acceptable I will be happy to refund your purchase.

Just want to give an update.. we're getting closer.. designer's been sending me screenshots and you guys are going to love all the new shortcode functionality.

Still no date yet, and if we do a big release it won't be until first of year.. but will give forum regulars first beta access.

Smile foreign language

hello,

could you include some easy way to traduce the theme socrate

for comments for example

thanks

If you are referring to translation, we are improving that function in Soc 3.0

Default New Updated Suggestion

I would like the upgrade to include adsense options for pages just like with posts as that would make things easier for me than having to use a separate plugin.

In index.php

Find this in two places

!is_page
    Change to this...

is_page

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    In index.php

Find this in two places

Change to this...
    I did that and it worked for all posts and pages except the ads no longer show on the front page?