Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Change background color behind main content

Hi Dan,

Another question for you. I've got a static page that has a custom image behind it, and I'm trying to get the white background behind it to change color.

While I can do this with custom css in .im-mainContent, it still has the white padding to the top and bottom of the image. I'm thinking that there is extra white content than normal due to the padding in the monetize bar (Even though I have turned this off) and the regular padding of the main content.

If you look here you can see more of what I'm talking about.

Also, think I've asked this before, but as this is for one page, changing the .im-mainContent in css would be for all pages, is it possible to make this conditional?

If this is to far off topic from socrates let me know

Thanks

Marc

It's unusual and I would recommend hiring someone for this level of css and coding.

Can you tell me the purpose of doing this? It might help me come up with another solution.

What I would do is just edit the graphic and blur the edges with white to blend in.

If you checkout

www.legaltranscriptionservices.net

I was hoping to blend the outer border of the background image in the post to the actual background behind that, which is white at the moment.

Though had considered as you suggested blending the background images back to white prior to the border of it.

I can change the sides behind the background image, but they go to the outer border, guessing padding would fix that, but can't get any color above or below.

If you could tell me what the point of this is I might have another suggestion. It's always better to stick to plain white background.. you can still float the scales of justice image on right.

Sorry, haven't been explaining it well at all.

From a graphical point the plain white makes the website look to plain, hence why I added the gradient to the image. Was hoping to make it look like a full page image (ie, so the gradient color extends to all the borders.).

But as you suggested if on the background image I gradient back out to white at the edges of it, it will blend in with the white near the borders.

I can probably think of a way around it by examining all the elements around it and adding a slight gradient color to each. As I said I can get the sides to change color, just not the top and bottom, but just realized that they are probably different elements.

Just remember that plain is better for sales than graphical. That's why Socrates doesn't have page color options.

Simple is better and the more time you focus on content vs design, the more success you will have..