Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Migrate from Joomla to Wordpress?? Thoughts?

I have a website with around 1500 pages of content, and I'm getting sick of how code heavy Joomla is and thinking of migrating it to Wordpress. Not wanting to destroy it I would probably use a paid service, has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

I do not but there's a ton of info in Google about this.. I would just google: joomla to wordpress

I have found a site that claims to do it plus keep all the URL structure the same for $65. But obviously I have to give them a username and password to my domain host, which worries me a lot. May just have to bite the bullet though, the domain makes decent money but I need a more user friendly interface and I can't get K2 to do what I need.

Default Migration to WP services

Check also this page for migration to wordpress services (from Drupal , Joomla, HTML,...). Prince varies depending on the complexity of the site. Access to your control panel is not required. Itīs enough if you provide yourself the .sql export file of your joomla database

Quote Originally Posted by Poofinger View Post
    I have a website with around 1500 pages of content, and I'm getting sick of how code heavy Joomla is and thinking of migrating it to Wordpress. Not wanting to destroy it I would probably use a paid service, has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
    Hi!
    Look through this article, it helps you definitely! Step-by-step tutorial and video are really useful!
    http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-migrate-from-joomla-to-wordpress-with-cms2cms

I would recommend you to use this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/cms2cms...-wp-migration/. It automatically converts lots of pages, preserves the SEO juice, moves many items including users and internal links, etc. It is paid but it is a reliable tool. Plus it s possible to try a demo which is free of charge.