error message socrates 2.03
upon installing socrates 2.03 on WP3 I get the error message when surfing the site only when I put www. in front of the domain:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mindbug/public_html/itrepair.be/wp-content/themes/socrates/functions.php:7298) in /home/mindbug/public_html/itrepair.be/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890
tried removing the the socrates folder and reinstalling with no luck
What is the URL for the site? Did you modify any of the Socrates files? That error is typically caused by misplacement of some PHP code.
I swapped with the default theme because that seems to work.
should I install socrates again?
There is no content yet so I can reinstall wordpress as a whole.
That will solve the problem Probably
I would recommend that if there is no content to worry about. It sounds as if WordPress might have been corrupted somehow.
Reinstalled wordpress as a whole 3 times now. removed all of the plugins. Tried it with wordpress 3 and 2.9.2
when I try to install socrates 2.03 and setup the socrates layout and header options the error still persists.
only when I go back to socrates 2.02 the error disappears.
sounds like a bug?
Hi my name is Cindy. I am having the same problem. I tried to post something today on my new theme and this is what showed up: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cmakonin/public_html/wp-content/themes/socrates/functions.php:7298) in /home/cmakonin/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890
Originally Posted by mindbug
It wouldn't let me post. What do I do?
New to this support. I hope I'm posting in the right spot. Anyway, please help me with these 3 problems. See my blog now at http://www.iwillgrowrich.com. I appreciate any help I can receive. I've tried to read these posts before I posted.
I just purchased Socrates today and installed it on my blog www.iwillgrowrich.com. I have a few problems that I've tried to read about in the forum to no avail.
1) the configuration is off--there's not a clear line between header and first post.
2) my opt-in form is way too low. I want it at the top but don't know how to get it there.
3) when I tried to post i got this message "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cmakonin/public_html/wp-content/themes/socrates/functions.php:7298) in /home/cmakonin/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890"
Can you help me to fix this please. Thank you, Cindy Makonin
1. You probably have an unclosed div tag in one of your widgets which is causing this.
2. #1 is causing this as well.
3. We just uploaded a new zip file to download area. If you could download from member's area and follow upgrade instructions it will fix.
If you get stuck and want to PM me your wordpress login I can fix all the above in 1 minute.
the new fix seem working well
Thank Jack for the reply, i am just finish to upload the fix and redownloading and reinstalling and it seem working well, no more error message after a post or new page