Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Red face Layout -Clickbank etal

I love most of Socrates as it is simply brilliant.

One of the first things to annoy me was the Clickbank issue.
    As the sales page says "socrates is optimised for Clickbank" when really is should say it has been pre-coded with the sales of socrates, making it hardly optimized in this function.

I would like the new version 3.3+ to allow other Clickbank items to use the

"Affiliate ID and Analytics

Clickbank Nickname " input area as this only currently encodes Your Socrates logo at bottom right of blog with our ID.
    I feel this hardly qualifies a "Clickbank OPTIMIZED" but perhaps self-serving.

and the

"Clickbank Products
    Your Clickbank ID: View Product 1
    Your Clickbank ID: View Product 2"
    To enable chosen Clickbank products by simply adding your clickbank account name, from above to a Clickbank product, perhaps even on a rotational share basis, say 4 : 1, in the buyers favor or in your favor when using a trail of Socrates.

What would be great here would be to insert the code for any Clickbank item in the view product 1 and 2 area.

Also for others to comment on Clickbank additions/improvements here would be helpful, and even Commission Junction etal inclusions...

PS: Yes I know that there are ways to code the Clickbank items into the finished pages presentation, but it just seems to me making it hard for those who can't program code or work these things out by trial and error, wrong at best devious at worst.

Cheers GlenS. 'Oztralia' the big island down-under.

Nowhere do we say Socrates is optimized for Clickbank. We say it's Adsense and Clickbank Monetized. So that's a huge difference which makes a lot of your point moot.

As you mention we have another of our Clickbank products built into Socrates > Layout 220x90 rotator and we allow for any ad code to be placed in the top ad, bottom post ad, and 220x90 ads. Our ads can be disabled by leaving the Clickbank fields blank and the other ads will show.

We also have tutorials on how to integrate Clickbank Hopads into these ad locations as well. So by monetized we're referring to having ad locations and tutorials that allow customers to monetize with adsense or clickbank quickly.

We'll be releasing 3.0 shortly. There are no plans for 3.3+ yet.

There is no programming required, just copy and paste from the hopad builder or a 3rd party affiliate resource site.

There are 1000's of affiliate programs and most of them provide a resource page where you can get the code needed to place in a text widget or one of our custom ad locations. There are also many 3rd party plugins that assist with monetization.

Coincidentally, I'm about to launch a new free plugin which is designed to deliver highly targeted ads to any page or post.

Finally, with over 11,000 customers you are first to have an issue with these things.. We provide video tutorials that cover monetization and ad setup. I've never had anyone think we were wrong or "devious" in our methods.

Usually people are extremely happy with all the tutorials and support we provide. I would recommend you visit our members area and watch some of our tutorials.

[After posting I see you added the tag "rotational bias" to the post. Seriously, the ad location is 220x90 in size. This is a unique size which most affiliate programs do not have a banner for. So the location is primarily designed for social media banners, and we decided to create a couple more banners for our products as an option. If we were truly "biased" and "devious" we would have prepopulated the 728x90 rotator]

Smile Response to LAYOUT -Clickbank items

Hi Dan

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Nowhere do we say Socrates is optimized for Clickbank. We say it's Adsense and Clickbank Monetized. So that's a huge difference which makes a lot of your point moot.

== Ooops I was so wrong, I should have checked instead of relying on memory and paraphrasing... sorry...

As you mention we have another of our Clickbank products built into Socrates > Layout 220x90 rotator and we allow for any ad code to be placed in the top ad, bottom post ad, and 220x90 ads. Our ads can be disabled by leaving the Clickbank fields blank and the other ads will show.

==Yes I know this, but thanks for the reminder.==

We also have tutorials on how to integrate Clickbank Hopads into these ad locations as well. So by monetized we're referring to having ad locations and tutorials that allow customers to monetize with adsense or clickbank quickly.

== Yes I have found these tutorial to be very useful, when I couldn't figure it it out myself. ==

We'll be releasing 3.0 shortly. There are no plans for 3.3+ yet.

=== Ooooppps again, I went to the page with the Socrates Layout Options open but I checked the bottom of the page and used that number, foolish me, it was for the current Wordpress version... [New Years resolution= I shall be more diligent in my checking], rather than the coming version 3 of Socrates which I am eagerly awaiting. ===

There is no programming required, just copy and paste from the hopad builder or a 3rd party affiliate resource site.

== Yes I must say this is SO easy, even an idiot like me can do it. ===

There are 1000's of affiliate programs and most of them provide a resource page where you can get the code needed to place in a text widget or one of our custom ad locations. There are also many 3rd party plugins that assist with monetization.

== I also find the Socrates theme SO clean and strait forward that adding widgets for items work nice and simple. I run Socrates on over 80% of my sites it is THAT good. ==

Coincidentally, I'm about to launch a new free plugin which is designed to deliver highly targeted ads to any page or post.

== excellent, I cant wait Dan this will be a killer (how I hate that phrase, perhaps one should use a more life enhancing word, but I can't think of of one currently.) BUT for 'Free' are you mad? Well let me be the first to say thank you... "THANK YOU DAN"...

Finally, with over 11,000 customers you are first to have an issue with these things.. We provide video tutorials that cover monetization and ad setup. I've never had anyone think we were wrong or "devious" in our methods.

== Oh well I hoped to be a pioneer in something in my life... LOL === and No not devious, I said that tongue (joking) in cheek as I figured you guys are at the "enthusiastic marketing words" end of the spectrum actually, so I probably should not have even written it, should have I? ==

Usually people are extremely happy with all the tutorials and support we provide. I would recommend you visit our members area and watch some of our tutorials.

== Yes I am one of them, I think they are very useful, well laid and out and easy to progress thru and apply, anytime I ever got stuck, I would go fish and find something there or figure it out for myself ===

[After posting I see you added the tag "rotational bias" to the post. Seriously, the ad location is 220x90 in size. This is a unique size which most affiliate programs do not have a banner for. So the location is primarily designed for social media banners, and we decided to create a couple more banners for our products as an option. If we were truly "biased" and "devious" we would have prepopulated the 728x90 rotator]
    Sorry Dan, but on this last item about rotational bias, I think you have read me totally wrong on that score. I was hoping that you would read most of my writing above it in a "JV" sort of way rather than an attacking way, sorry for that. I have meant NO offense, apart from a query regarding the clickbank coding and some way of making it editable and insertable in the theme, but as you have described you leave it to widgets...

I was referring to possibly offering users a CHOICE to share in a "JV" with you as a trial user as BIAS (not used as a negative word here) toward your business, to share revenue. 5: 1 in YOUR favour, as they are only trialing the software.

Then finally for those that have bought this wonderful Socrates theme to choose a bais (as in a RATIO bias if you like) toward them, such as 5 : 1, being 5 sales to the Theme buyer (such as I) and 1 sale to You Dan (read the Socrates organization) if we choose to send you some funding as a way to keep you financed and working on this project. Actually It is unfair that once we have bought the Software from you that you get no on going remuneration for all the extra work you do to it, after we buy it. I thought that this might be a way of keeping you financially incentivated.

Cheers Glenn.S -Still down-under on that big island called Ozztralia.